“Great budget hotel in zone 1!”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #451 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great budget hotel in zone 1!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here a few times and it’s an excellent budget hotel. You don’t usually get much in central London for less than £100 a night but this place is excellent. Very basic and quite small rooms, but everything is clean and staff are good. It can get quite noisy being near a main road, but for a city centre hotel what do you expect?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your stops in London and for leaving your kind comments.

We are indeed very proud to be offering the best value in Westminster for those looking for a quality stay without expensive costs.

We are looking forward to your return visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Woodford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you just need somewhere to sleep, get a hot shower that is spotlessly clean and comfortable then book yourself into this hotel. It is no frills, and the price reflects this. Finding accomodation for less than £100 per night in London without having to spend 30-40 minutes on the underground each day is difficult, it gives Tune an unique selling point in a city full of overpriced bland 4 star hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your supportive review.

Our concept clearly states what you have experienced – 1* rates and 5 * service and quality!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Here is how you get there from Heathrow, take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington station, then take the Bakerloo underground south to the Lambeth North station. At e entrance of the Lambeth North station turn left and cross the street.
The location is perfect of the casual tourist, close to everything in London, especially with the underground so close. There are several good local restaurants within two blocks that provide a 10% discount for breakfast when you show your room key. There are also good pubs, some with live music, within walking distance.
Here is what you get, minimalistic living. This is not the place to stay if you come to London to sit and lounge around in your hotel room. If you are traveling with a partner, you will be steeping on each other. I stand 6'4" tall and felt like I was on an airliner in the bathroom. We came to London to walk, see the sights, and explore. We were out until late and only came to the hotel to sleep, which suited us fine.
The staff is very friendly and helpful with suggestions and directions. I will stay here agin when I return to London.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your stay and for leaving your comments.

I was pleased to read that our concept suited your needs and that we offered you a great rest place after a busy day out and about discovering London and its delights.

Our local area indeed provides a great choice of restaurants, cafes and pubs whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner; discount vouchers and suggestions are available at the reception.

Thank you also for the great tip on how to get from Heathrow to Tune Hotel Westminster without a hassle! Definitely useful for our future guests.

We are looking forward to your return visit.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I known its London, and your lucky to get a clean reasonably priced place - but this place was so small I put the key in the door and broke the bathroom window! - (as Billy Connolly once joked.)
not a business or family place - no food, no bar - back packers and lone traveller's only.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your review.

I was glad to read that you found the hotel clean and reasonably priced as these are definitely two corner stone’s of our business.
We agree that our rooms are space-efficient, however, that enables us to keep the room cost to a minimum, so that everybody could enjoy the great Westminster location and the points mentioned before.

We realise that our concept might not be for everybody`s liking, therefore thank you still for trying us out and recommending us to backpackers and lone travellers.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I came to this hotel with not too much high expectations as it was a company trip. I was actually delighted at the service I got. It actually made my business trip so pleasant. The rooms are a tad small, but they are spotless and clean. The service is impeccable. This no frills hotel is perfect if you are on a business trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving your great comments of your stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was very pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations and made your business trip enjoyable.

Thank you also for pointing out our high level of cleanliness and the service, both reception and housekeeper teams work hard to ensure that every guest feels welcomed, well looked after and has a comfortable stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was tempted to try Tune because of the location and I was looking for somewhere cheap to stay overnight after a function in Westminster (taxi fares are a big consideration if you are a female travelling alone and are trying to budget).

I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was convinced that I had booked a "comfort package" which included things like hairdryer, TV and toiletries (although to be honest - in the UK these are generally regarded as basics). I also expected a small room which was fine as it was really just a crab.

When I arrived it transpired that I hadn't booked th "comfort" package and this is only available online so I had to think about what I really needed. It really is quite funny as they switch on the appliances as you order them and when you ask for a towel and toiletries they hand you a paper carrier bag.

So, clutching my paper bag I headed for the room. I have _never_ been in such a small hotel room. It made my student digs seem spacious. The pics on line are very cleverly shot as they make the rooms seem a little bigger. The reality of my room was that there was no room either side of the bed for a bedside table as the bed snugly fitted into the space available alongside the bathroom. The bathroom (or - more appropriately the shower room) was really a wet room with a shower curtain that you could draw across if you wanted to stop the loo seat from getting wet. That said the shower space was fairly small and I didn't like the fact that it was hard to avoid contact with the curtain - thinking about whether it was cleaned properly between customers and who else the curtain had been in contact with - yuk!

The toiletries bag only contained one towel - I would have expected two as us girls do like to have not towel for hair and one for body - and a bar of soap and one of those all purpose shower and hair preps.

The TV was extra (of course) and whilst there were a reasonable choice of free view channels the telly was sited high up on the wall and you had to sit on the bed, getting a crick in the neck, to look at it. I can see no reason why it wasn't positioned in a comfortable viewing position a little lower on the wall and can only conclude that the people designing the hotel room never actually spend more than 5 minutes in it.

The other really odd thing is that there was a little stand where you could hang your clothes. Fine - very premier Inn but this was a budget hotel. The problem arose when I was about to leave and wanted to double check my appearance. The mirror was behind the coat hangers! There was another mirror behind the bed but to check myself over in that would have meant that I had to climb on the bed.

Oh, and I travel with a small cabin size bag and when opened up it took up practically all the available floor space.

I had succeeded in booking a breakfast voucher and this turned out to be a voucher to be cashed in at Costa Coffee (next door). It did represent good value for money compared with the standard Costa prices but there was no flexibility about the "pastries" you could have so my advice would be to look at other breakfast options.

All in all it was clean and my expectations were not high but the room really was uncomfortably small and the toilet/shower especially so. If I needed a crash pad near Westminster again I would seriously consider it but I might look for a b and b option with a bit of character - I would even forego the aircon for most times of the year because it was very noisy in such a small space.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Gurses, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing Tune Hotel Westminster following your stay. We always welcome both guest feedback positive and negative in order to improve ourselves.

We admit that our rooms are compact and we understand that it is not for everybody's liking. To be able to offer clean rooms and competitive prices in Central London Location we had to sacrifice the room spaces. If you wish to stay in Tune Hotels in the future, we would advise you to book Special Needs Rooms as they are the most specious rooms we have.

Kind regards,

Sadan Gurses
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed this Saturday night before a meeting with some old friends, room - they state - is very small , good double bed, wall mounted TV , many plugs to recharge Iphone/pad; small shower room - powerful shower-hand basin & WC lovely fluffy white towels, usual soap , shampoo. Vey clean pleasant reception staff, lift.Location excellent 5 mins walk to Left Bank - London Eye, Oxo Tower etc. Great for a short stay but be prepared for tiny room, good reasonable rates-particularly mid week recommend .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank david a
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your stay and for sharing your great experience.

It was my pleasure to read that even though you found the room space-efficient it included everything essential for a quality and comfortable stay at a budget rate.

Thank you also for pointing out the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly staff as they are definitely corner stones of our business.

Thank you also for recommending us for short stays, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.