“What you might expect”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #373 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I paid £100 for a night. It was clean, very small and you have to pay for all extras eg wifi. It was just a room to sleep in and if thats all you are after you will be fine it is not the kind of hotel where you can relax and unwind and enjoy sumptuous surroundings. The location is good, close to Tube and pretty central. I walked to the South bank for my business meeting in 10min.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for sharing your experience.

I was glad to read that our central location was a prefect match for your business meeting at South bank and that even though the room was space-efficient, it was clean and included all the necessities for a good night sleep.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My company booked this for me and I had a quick look at tripadvisor so knew I was getting a no frills room. Checked in and went to my room. Tried to get out to find door handle was broken and no way out and there was no phone to tell reception. Phoned external to reception and someone came up to let me out. She said at least it opened from the outside. I explained this was a fire hazard and I wouldn't have been able to get out in an emergency. I explained I was going out and asked if they could either fix this or move my room. On returning I was in same room and handle still did not work. No note was left or explanation. This was late at night and I managed to get a new room but when I went up the key did not work. To be fair the guy who came up was apologetic but I was pretty mad by this point. It has to be worst hotel experience yet. Won't be returning and think that guest safety should be a priority

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank s2wall
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspects of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve our standards. Please be assured that the issue has been raised and fully investigated. If you could please contact me directly at gsm.tunewest@queensway.com I would like to have a chance to discuss this further with you.
Thank you once again for your review.

Kind regards
Selenge
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here a few times and it’s an excellent budget hotel. You don’t usually get much in central London for less than £100 a night but this place is excellent. Very basic and quite small rooms, but everything is clean and staff are good. It can get quite noisy being near a main road, but for a city centre hotel what do you expect?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your stops in London and for leaving your kind comments.

We are indeed very proud to be offering the best value in Westminster for those looking for a quality stay without expensive costs.

We are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you just need somewhere to sleep, get a hot shower that is spotlessly clean and comfortable then book yourself into this hotel. It is no frills, and the price reflects this. Finding accomodation for less than £100 per night in London without having to spend 30-40 minutes on the underground each day is difficult, it gives Tune an unique selling point in a city full of overpriced bland 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your supportive review.

Our concept clearly states what you have experienced – 1* rates and 5 * service and quality!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Here is how you get there from Heathrow, take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington station, then take the Bakerloo underground south to the Lambeth North station. At e entrance of the Lambeth North station turn left and cross the street.
The location is perfect of the casual tourist, close to everything in London, especially with the underground so close. There are several good local restaurants within two blocks that provide a 10% discount for breakfast when you show your room key. There are also good pubs, some with live music, within walking distance.
Here is what you get, minimalistic living. This is not the place to stay if you come to London to sit and lounge around in your hotel room. If you are traveling with a partner, you will be steeping on each other. I stand 6'4" tall and felt like I was on an airliner in the bathroom. We came to London to walk, see the sights, and explore. We were out until late and only came to the hotel to sleep, which suited us fine.
The staff is very friendly and helpful with suggestions and directions. I will stay here agin when I return to London.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your stay and for leaving your comments.

I was pleased to read that our concept suited your needs and that we offered you a great rest place after a busy day out and about discovering London and its delights.

Our local area indeed provides a great choice of restaurants, cafes and pubs whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner; discount vouchers and suggestions are available at the reception.

Thank you also for the great tip on how to get from Heathrow to Tune Hotel Westminster without a hassle! Definitely useful for our future guests.

We are looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I known its London, and your lucky to get a clean reasonably priced place - but this place was so small I put the key in the door and broke the bathroom window! - (as Billy Connolly once joked.)
not a business or family place - no food, no bar - back packers and lone traveller's only.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your review.

I was glad to read that you found the hotel clean and reasonably priced as these are definitely two corner stone’s of our business.
We agree that our rooms are space-efficient, however, that enables us to keep the room cost to a minimum, so that everybody could enjoy the great Westminster location and the points mentioned before.

We realise that our concept might not be for everybody`s liking, therefore thank you still for trying us out and recommending us to backpackers and lone travellers.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I came to this hotel with not too much high expectations as it was a company trip. I was actually delighted at the service I got. It actually made my business trip so pleasant. The rooms are a tad small, but they are spotless and clean. The service is impeccable. This no frills hotel is perfect if you are on a business trip.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving your great comments of your stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was very pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations and made your business trip enjoyable.

Thank you also for pointing out our high level of cleanliness and the service, both reception and housekeeper teams work hard to ensure that every guest feels welcomed, well looked after and has a comfortable stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.