“Good Basic Hotel - Excellent Location”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #406 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Prior to booking this hotel I had read the reviews. When I arrived it was as expected. The room is small and you essentially pay for what you need. The room reminded me of the type of cabin that you would get on a cruise ship. Do not expect much; however the location is fantastic! The train station is very close and so are many of the major sights. I had a fantastic run from the hotel to the London Eye, to Westminster and along the Thames river.

My 72 year old mother got claustrophobic on the first night and she couldn't bear to spend anymore time in the room so we had to leave (despite having paid for another 3 nights). My mother just found the room too small and without any window she just felt caged in. I could have handled it for the short time that we were there.

Turning to the room itself, the bed in my view needed to be replaced as I could feel the springs (I am of average size). I mentioned it to reception at time of departure and they were going to have maintenance look into it. In respect of the Hotel staff, they were very good. I mentioned the issue of my mother to them, and had they not been fully booked, they would have relocated us to a different room.

Overall, you get what you pay for and for the price I thought it was ok given that it was central London.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gurses, Mari Carmen - Guest Service Supervisor at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback and strive to continually improve the service that we provide to our guests.

I appreciate your comments, but I was very disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. I am sorry to hear that your mother did not have an enjoyable stay with us due to our room sizes. We agree that the rooms are space-efficient but this is just one part of the concept that enables us to keep the prices to a through any query, therefore there should be no surprises.

We are delighted to read that you found our location excellent and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Tune Hotel Westminster.

There are newer reviews for Point A Hotel, London Westminster

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Reading other reviews warned of tiny rooms. This turned out to be true. Pleasantly concise. Spacious for one, adequate for two if you know the other person very well. Airline bathrooms are bigger than those here. Clean, neat, actually spotless. Some rooms have surprisingly good views. Much siren noise from busy street at times. Easy check in, check out. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Location across Westminster Bridge from Big Ben, etc., in transitional neighborhood. Grocery stores with take away, cafes, coffee shops, pubs conveniently nearby. Just a short walk to London Eye and Thames Promenade, Westminster Abbey, etc. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less street noise. Some on 6th floor have view of The Eye but elevator goes only t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such an honest and detailed comment of your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read your review that even though you found the room space-efficient we were able to provide you everything essential for a quality stay at a budget rate.

I am delighted to hear that you would choose us to stay again and myself and the team look forward welcoming you back to the hotel in near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel was in a great place and only a 5 minute walk to the London Eye and Westminster Bridge. The staff were friendly and check-in/out was fast and pain free. The room was surprisingly spacious considering the reviews we read before we went. The room was spotlessly clean - both the bedroom and the bathroom - and the bed linen/towels were clean and brilliantly white. The bed was large enough for two and very comfortable to sleep on (The towels were large, however a secondary smaller one for hair would be appreciated - but I'm sure we could have added that on). The pillows were nice, however we would prefer a second one - but that is a personal opinion.

The shower was awesome and in a very spacious bathroom. A hot power shower with a glass door, could not ask for more. Air con was perfect, can be adapted to suit you.

The price was good, much cheaper than anywhere else we looked at in central London.

Room Tip: Room with a window, the view may not be amazing.. but at least you get to see outside.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mathew B

Dear Matthew

Thank you for leaving such great comments of your stay and describing us as “Surprisingly awesome”!

I am very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and we were able to provide you everything you needed to expect from our Tune Brand.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Guest Service manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting London with my son.

There was a booking error and they asked us to move to another hotel. They would have paid to get us there but it was too far away for us to get back into Central London again, so they re-arranged to let us stay.

Rooms are small but have comfortable beds and suited us fine. Shower was good, plenty of hot water. Location is ideal, only a short walk from the London eye.

Only downside was the lift wasn't working and we were on the 4th floor.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to review your recent stay with us. Here at Tune Hotel Westminster we strive to provide the high standards of service to our guests. I am sorry to hear that the lift was out of the service during you stay; please kindly accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment. I am pleased to see that you generally enjoyed your stay and the convenient location of us.

Thank you for once again for sharing your experience withTrip Advisor and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent hotel. Rooms were a little small, but perfect for our needs. Bed linen was crisp and clean, rooms were spotless and customer service was excellent. We were made to feel very welcome - would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripwire1802
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you felt very welcomed and appreciated our hotel as an excellent hotel.

Cleanliness, and customer services are the most important values Tune Hotels have and I am glad to hear that you found our hotel perfect for your needs and recommended to everyone.

We hope to welcome you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very nice hotel, very clean, friendly staff. If you chose to pay for them like we did, great amenities like wi-fi and a safe. Yes it's small, but you're only there to sleep considering you're visiting one of the nicest cities in the world. The location is great (15 min walk from Big Ben). Has a grocery store next door and a subway station as well (Lambeth North).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments with complimenting our hotel’s cleanliness, friendliness of the staff as well as our unbeatable location.
Tune Hotels’ concept is all about providing a good night sleep, comfort , convenient location at affordable prices, also letting you design your own stay adding on the other amenities like you mentioned. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we have managed to provide you everything you needed.
We will be thrilled to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I found out about this hotel from a friend after I'd been struggling to find a decent hotel at a decent price near to Westminster. It's right across the road from Lambeth North Tube station, which is ideal as it's only two stops from the National Art Gallery. The receptionist was very welcoming and friendly. Checking in was a pith process. You can book the room only and then add on WiFi, TV and toiletries. This might seem like an odd idea, but the cost is negligible. Rooms are compact and a little bit like a small cabin on a space ship! But I found the room to be really good. Everything in the room is within easy reach, but it's well thought out. The room was very clean too. Nearby (some right across the road) you'll find places to eat and buy provisions. There's a decent pub next door and a Costa on the corner. I couldn't fault it & I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sean36

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us on Trip advisor. I am happy that you chose Tune Hotel Westminster for your London trip and big thank to your friend who recommended us to you.

Tune hotels believe the guests should design their own stay with purchasing only what they need so we can offer a lot more competitive rate in London’s most fantastic locations. I understand this was quite new and odd to you but I am glad that you got well on this as you said the cost of the extra products and services are negligible.

Thank you for the tips for the area, and the local shops, this will be very useful information for our future guests who might be looking into your comment right now.

We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in near future.

Guest Service Manager.