“Wonderful italian restaurant in London!”
Review of Zucca - Bermondsey St. - CLOSED

Zucca - Bermondsey St.
Price range: US$47 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Transit: London Bridge Tube Station.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Probably the best one in London. I live here and I usually don't go in any italian restaurants just not to be disappointed later because I'm italian and I know how the food should be cooked. I came there with a friend for my birthday lunch and everything was just perfect. The food was amazing, I really enjoyed every single dish. The burrata as a starter was fresh and tasty and my tagliolini with white truffle were just amazing. Not cheap at all. We spent £112 just for two people but we had 2 starters, 2 main (one small and one large), 2 glasses of prosecco each of us, dessert and coffees. The price could be justified but I can't afford to go there so often but just once sometimes is really nice. Your dinner will be amazing too and you will not care about the money if you eat as good as I did. If you are going for dinner book in advance at least a couple of weeks before. For the lunch you can call the same morning as I did but for the dinner you must call before I don't think they do walk in just because they're usually so busy for the dinner.
Really really recommended.

There are newer reviews for Zucca - Bermondsey St.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

IQuite disappointed after reading many great reviws. Very limited menue, small portions and no side dishes like vegetabled, potatos or rice or polenta...uninteresting deserts. Extensive wine list but overpriced. Venue modern, cold looking and very noisy. Overall- pretentious but on a positive side: food very tasty and a very hapy and helpful stuff.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is Italian as it is meant to be enjoyed. Ain't cheap but you won't worry about cost once you take the first bite. Good looking people in good looking clothes enjoying good tasting food and superb wine list. Yes it is trendy and that is a good thing.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Used to come here a lot with clients but it's not as good as it used to be. Came for a late lunch. The melanzane starter was obviously pre prepared, reheated and barely warm. We also had some horrible dumplings in broth that were like cold stuffing balls. Service between starters and mains was painfully slow although the servers were very attentive. I won't be rushing back despite it being a lovely dining room.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Really refreshing to have an italian restaurant with different food, not your standard italian menu. Service was excellent and a very impressive wine list. Nice selection of breads with tasty olive oil to start off with! Booking recommended as it is very busy at lunchtime.