“AWFUL! BEDBUG INFESTATION!”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Majestic Hotel
Ranked #999 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“AWFUL! BEDBUG INFESTATION!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

There was a bedbug infestation at the hotel. I was greeted by a pungent eggy smell in my room which I later realised was the musky odour associated with bedbugs. After researching bedbugs, it is a well known fact that bites can surface up to a fortnight after the initial exposure. This was the case for me and the other party who stayed in the same room as me, as 14 days after staying there, our skin has broken out in a mass of bedbug bites which have been terribly irritating.
The room did not feel clean and the sheets were not fresh. The breakfast was dire and the staff were unpleasant.
I will never stay there again and I advise others to search for alternative accommodation to avoid disappointment and the inevitable, bedbug exposure. Majestic is extremely below par!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank M246J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Withernsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We had booked to stay for 4 nights but only stayed the first one. The place was filthy, the room looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in years, the fridge still had other peoples food in it, there were no clean spoons, the shower room was dirty and we felt unable to use the shower at all because of that. The night porter was the most friendly member of staff we met, the staff at breakfast time could hardly even grunt at us let alone speak!!! Overall a TERRIBLE experience and one we would not wish to repeat ever.

Room Tip: Don't think there are any!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Geraldine D

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

the hotel was crap really but did a job, good enough to get ya head down for the night for cheap and the staff didnt mind you taking your own ale and food in the room,

Room Tip: choose a different hotel if u have more than £30 to spend
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
MANCHESTER
Reviewed 19 June 2011

we arrived on fri 17th june ready for the Feis festival , the lady on reception was pleasant gave us our room key, the room was in need of a refurb, everythig was well worn & it had a 4 poster bed which had see better days, the capet had holes in it & was wet were they had tried to get rid of some stains,but we were only sleeping there so were willing to put up with the room, as we were looking forward to the festival,
Breakfast was ok & staff friiendly,
But on our return from the festival on Sat night 11pm, we asked the night porter for our room key to which he said '' you are not having your key till you have paid for the room''
we explained we would pay in the morning as we had already given them our deposit for 1 night stay inadvance, but the he became agressive & argumentative saying we would leave wthout paying like some americans did the week before!
I was really upset by his rude & agressive manner & explained my purse was in our room, so unless he gave me the key I wouldn't be able to pay him!
When we got back to our room, it hadn't been cleaned, there were no clean towels & no tea or coffee,I had also asked for an extra pillow for my husband which wasn't there,
I went back to pay for my room & asked why our room had not been clean, the porter said he didn't know why, I asked him for the manager name so i could complain but he wouldn't give it to me! I had to stay in reception till he could find me 2 clean towels but said there were no extra pillows!
IT SPOILT OUR NIGHT & I wouldn't stay here again, as I have never been so badly treated by any hotel that i have stayed in even one far less expensive the this one,
I wish now i had read the reviews before I arrived at this hotel, you live & learn!

Room Tip: read the reviews
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple