“Customer Service”

Ranked #690 of 1,179 Coffee & Tea in London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The food was okay, but the service was despicable, my colleague was snapped at my a staff member called Ola, and when I enquired about a sandwich I was snapped at, "We have no kitchen" by the same member of staff who proceeded to glare at me through out the order process, I mentioned this to my colleague and said had she not already ordered, I would have left, this was meant to be a relaxing coffee break, not a stress induced stare off, which is what it turned out to be as I decided to hold Ola's gaze, she didn't give up. This is not really a reflection of the food or for that matter the other staff, as a young girl with a training badge on was very helpful when I had to get the code for the loo and was too afraid to ask the other staff member!

1  Thank Lottie C

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I stopped to buy a cream cheese and salmon bagel and was presented with barely a sliver of salmon and a light smear of cream cheese. This lack of ingredients was sandwiched between two stale solid halves of a bagel that I actually thought might have been fashioned from wood.
When I went to inform the staff that my (overpriced) bagel was in fact stale and missing a filling I was met with disdain and irritation and told it was supposed to be so hard you can break a tooth on it and I could eat it or leave it.
I decided to join customer service, quality and value and leave the building.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

If you're a coffee lover, the coffee here is the best in the area.
I like the simpleness of the setting; free newspapers and magazines are provided as well. The sandwiches are very interesting, always fresh and very yummy. The pastries are ok, my favourite is the chocolate twist.
There is no English Breakfast, however, they do a lovely porridge with different toppings.
Several teas and juices on sale as well.
The staff are always friendly, quick and efficient and professional. And they do make the best Latte in the City !

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was a stop to just grab something before dinner, but after lunch. Kinda like having tea but not so formally in the English style. The pastries were very nice, the setting is organic and hip. The staff kept to themselves, not the most friendly, but polite and efficient.

1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed at a London hotel which had an optional breakfast charge which was rather expensive. Decided to go to Apostrophe for breakfast. Excellent service, amazing choice, good quality. Not the cheapest but good value. And as I always say you get what you pay for.
If you want a good place for breakfast and not in the mood for the usual Costa or Nero .... a
Apostrophe is the place to be.