Open today: 10:00 - 15:00

Book in advance
from
£119.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Kensington Palace
from £119.00
from £95.00
from £104.00
from £199.00
5,796 results
All reviews queen victoria princess diana state apartments sunken garden queen's apartments on display wedding dress royal history royal residence hyde park gift shop afternoon tea exhibition royalty clothing talks death
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I visited Kensington Palace on April 24, 2010 when the "Enchanted Palace" thing was going on. What a dissapointment. Silly games trying to figure out which Princess was represented in each room, very very dark rooms - one room had a makeshift throne where you were to sit and "feel royal." There was nothing more to the room ---really dumb. My goal was to see Diana's dresses (advertised online before my trip) and there was only ONE dress. I don't think I learned anything - the phamphlet you got upon entry was like a child's puzzle page that you get with kid's meals at McDonalds.
Definately see the gardens, but don't waste your $$$ on the exhibit.

Reviewed 3 May 2010

If you want history of the royal family and opulent splendour, don't bother with Kensington Palace at the moment.
Wish I'd read the reviews here before going today....£12.50 to spend 30 minutes walking round dark rooms was a total waste of money.
The scones at The Orangery at £3.50 were much better value for money.

2  Thank Manloon
Reviewed 1 May 2010

All the furniture has been removed and the rooms are in darkness, what paintings that remain are in darkness so impossible to view. It's so dark as to cause a safety problem with people tripping up and not knowing where to go.

The dresses that are there are disappointing, - the one by Vivienne Westwood you can only view from above. The installations in one case consisted of a load of coats thrown into a pile. You don't know which dresses relate to which princesses, and the patronizing "find the princesses" game is just odd.

It's very telling that most good reviews of the exhibition you can find online were written before it opened - puff pieces about the concept rather than actual reviews. A poorly conceived exhibition to cover up building works. Next time use throws KP.

Left bitterly disappointed.

Reviewed 30 April 2010

I visited Kensington Palace with my wife and a friend on Monday 26th May 2010 and what an almighty disappointment and con. The palace is advertised in brochures, the media and by general and other household goods. Outside it is described on boards as the Enchanted Palace making people think of Royalty etc and something special.
You pay your entrance fee of £12.50 and are immediately confronted by plain white walls scrawled with blue infantile figures and scrawls done with a large paintbrush and as you go round there are no fittings or furniture etc, paintings Yes but the lighting is so dim they cannot be seen very well. The ceilings are the same unlit. All the rooms are the same dimly lit and the displays appear to have been done by 5 years old or someone on drugs. There are a number of female actors in drab grey costumes dashing about and shouting at nothing in particular there was one typing and spelling out each word loudly.
I consider the visit a complete waste of money and I would advise anyone contemplating a visit especially our overseas visitors to boycott the palace until the restoration is completed in 2 years time. Various comments I overhear during my visit were from a total waste of entrance money to more unprintable comments. The disappointment on people’s faces was something to be seen. It is a complete insult to our English heritage and the persons of the Royal Palaces who arranged the contents of the displays should specify outside what the public will see and not what they expect to see.
I can understand the need for thee entry fees to go towards the restoration but do not cause the public to be conned.

1  Thank disappointed034
Reviewed 30 April 2010

It's hard to explain this fairly new exhibit to others. The idea is that there are seven princesses who lived in Kensington Palace and didn't have the best of childhoods or lives. You are given a sheet to figure out which princess was represented in which room. The rooms were decorated by famous current designers of the stage, fashion, etc.

Having not seen anything written about this exhibit before, we didn't know what to expect. And the presentations were rather strange, but in a cool way. I have read that many people were disgusted by all the weirdness, but we found it very interesting. (True, we would have also liked to tour the rest of the palace, but it is under renovation.) Maybe we're just more tolerant of 'artsy' things, but we enjoyed the costumes and artistic representations.

Was it worth the money? Well, maybe no. I thought the cost was a bit excessive since it hardly took us much time to go through the rooms. Also, some actors were doing something weird in one room and we just laughed at them, which I don't think was their intent.

If someone enjoys things that are a bit strange, this is the exhibit for you! If not, and you are expecting something traditional, wait until the renovations are done and/or go to another palace!

1  Thank Danielle O