“Great place for adults and kids” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #235 of 1,570 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let your imagination soar as you explore the wonderful riches of underwater life, from the beautiful coral reefs of the Indian Ocean to the dark, mysterious depths of the Atlantic and Pacific.
Porto Alegre, RS
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great place for adults and kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

It's a quite big aquarium, several tanks with different species. From little winkles to giant sharks, they have everything.
We were in 4 adults, but the kids there went crazy on the fishes. Definitely worth a family visit. The store in the end had some nice stuff, not that expensive.

Of course, you can't use flash on your photos, and the place is quite dark. So, don't expect more than blurred fishes behind your dark silhouette in your photos :)

Visited March 2014
MSLLA, Customer Service Executive at Sea Life London Aquarium, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guaip,

Thank you for coming to visit us at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium.

I am really happy to hear that you had such a good time and enjoyed meeting all of our creatures. We are home to one of Europe’s largest collections of global marine life.

I do hope that you will come back visit us again soon, and we would really love to hear your views when you do.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us here on Trip Advisor.

• Arabic first
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“What a brilliant day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I went with my daughter and two grand daughters (aged 3 and 6) to the London Aquarium. My Granddaughters were almost yelling with excitement from the moment we walked in!

The Aquarium is so clean, and brilliantly presented with enormous walk-through 'tanks' so that you really do feel as though you are under the sea. There are also knowledgeable staff on duty, presenting talks, and one member of staff was encouraging children to touch starfish - she was kind and gentle, and of course the children were mesmerised.

I would recommend buying a 'two-for-one- ticket in advance ( just look this up on your computer, or use a South West Trains leaflet) as the admittance is pretty steep for a family of four.

We spent 3 hours in there, and my granddaughters would be there still I think! We all loved every minute.

Once our adventure was over, we took a stroll along the embankment. The small café at the aquarium was very crowded, so we didn't go in there. The gift shop was .. ordinary - and the posed photographs were mighty expensive for £25! We didn't take ours! We caught our train home from London Waterloo. A great day out.

Visited May 2014
Dear Cyclingforester,

Thank you for coming to visit us at SEA LIFE London Aquarium.

I was so nice to hear that you had such an enjoyable day. We aim to provide each and every one of our guests with magical experiences and lots of happy memories. I am really happy that you took the opportunity to feel a starfish. There is no one who finds our creatures more enchanting than our team and I am glad that this shone through.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon, and please do let us know your views when you do.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us here on Trip Advisor.

Samara - Customer Service
London
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“very nice place right in the heart of London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

See some penguins, sharks and other fish species here. Sometimes, the place is overcrowded but still it's worth a visit. The staff is very informative and you can take as many pictures as you can - just remember not to use flash!

Visited October 2013
MSLLA, Customer Service Executive at Sea Life London Aquarium, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear EricaCross,

Thank you for coming to visit us at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium and most importantly for taking the time to write a review for us. We really do appreciate our guests sharing their views here on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that you had an enjoyable experience and that you went away with lots of special memories and photos. Thank you for being considerate to our creatures and remembering to turn your flash off. All of our team members have a real love of marine life and I am glad that this came though when you spoke to them.

I do hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

South Ockendon, England, United Kingdom
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Plenty of fish in the sea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went on a family trip to London Aquarium. First time of visiting and really enjoyed it. Have always wanted to go and so glad I did. Had to queue for a little while but didn't mind. Lucky enough had saved the vouchers from the Sun newspaper for days out. So only paid for the children to get in. It was lovely to see all the fish. I have been to smaller sealife centres. But this is nothing compared to this one.

Visited March 2014
Dear Pat C,

Thank you for taking the time to come and visit us at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium and for writing a review for us.

It was so good to hear that you enjoyed your experience so much and that you enjoyed meeting all of our fascinating creatures. I do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Worcester Park, Surrey
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good for the kids, only need half a day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Took my 4 year old granddaughter on a Sunday, personally I am not a great fan of these centres, saying that this is one of the better sea life centres and has loads of different fish to see.
It was reasonably busy when we went but the windows are a fair size and the children were all able to get up close to look at the fish. The open pool where the Rays are is a favourite for the kids as they are up closer and the tunnel you walk through with the glass top is a good idea. There is a refreshments stall about two thirds of the way through and a café and a gift shop. It is a good place to pop into for a few hours, would try and get a voucher of some sort otherwise is expensive for a family.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gill050
Dear Gill050,

Thank you for taking the time to come and visit us at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium and most importantly for writing a review for us.

It was really good to hear that you had an enjoyable experience despite your reservations and enjoyed meeting our marine life.

I am glad that your grandchildren got a chance to get up close to the creatures in the tunnel and the shark walk. I hope they enjoyed meeting the sharks and the Rays in the Ray Lagoon.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.