“A Great (but expensive) Family Attraction.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #237 of 1,568 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let your imagination soar as you explore the wonderful riches of underwater life, from the beautiful coral reefs of the Indian Ocean to the dark, mysterious depths of the Atlantic and Pacific.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A Great (but expensive) Family Attraction.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I visited the Aquarium with my sister-in-law & my two nieces aged 4 & 6 who were visiting me from Northumberland.
The children were overawed by the fish, especially the sharks & stingrays, we all found the whole place was fascinating.
It's educational as well as interesting & there's so much to see none of us got bored.
It was a fantastic day but for 2 adults & 2 young children we paid £75.00 which is expensive especially as Auntie Angela (me) was paying as a treat!
I think it would've been cheaper to book in advance online & would recommend anyone planning on going do this.
Also expect a long queue so take something to entertain the children.

Visited May 2014
MSLLA, Customer Service Executive at Sea Life London Aquarium, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear smiffybird,

Thank you for bringing you family to visit us at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium.

I am really glad to hear that you all had a good time, however was sorry to hear that you did not find our prices quite so good. As you mentioned there are lot's of great offers and deals out there in respects to vouchers as well as online we have discounts for those who book in advance which are definitely worth looking out for for future visits. Also half terms and weekends are some of our busiest times to visit, so here is a top tip for you if you come and visit us again. If you are visiting us on a weekend or during the holidays, if possible try and visit before 11.00am or after 16.30pm as we are quieter at these times.

I really hope that you come and visit us again soon and thank you once again for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Best Fishes,

Samara - Customer Service.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Truly stunning family adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've visited here 3 times now with my fiancé & our now 2 year old son (first time was his 1st birthday). We have been during the week in term time & of a weekend. If you can I'd recommend going in term time or find less busy times to go. The Saturday we went late afternoon was very busy, I was worried about being separated from our son there were so many people about and we couldn't have taken him around in a buggy as he wouldn't have been able to see anything through the crowds at the front of all the displays. We spent a lot longer than usual in there. It wasn't as enjoyable an experience to be honest. The weekdays we've been its been fantastic. Theres multiple floors and Soo much to see its both interesting for kids and adults. Our little one loves running around choosing which tanks he wanted to look at (& ignoring the smaller ones). It can be quite expensive but you can always find 2 for 1 coupons (generally on the back of cereal boxes, crisp packets, newspapers). It's part of the Merlin Group.
I'd recommend to all families, and it isn't weather dependant. There is a McDonalds at the exit, and a new cafe also at the exit.

Visited February 2014
Dear Nikki_l_ro,

Thank you for coming to visit us at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium and for taking the time to write a review for us.

It is so nice to hear that you have been to visit us lots of times and that your son enjoys choosing which tank he wants to look in and enjoys the most. It is also really good to hear that you and your partner also enjoy the experience.

Thank you for sharing your top tips about when to visit and also how to make the most of all of the offers that are available.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again and that you will continue to share your views.

Samara - Customer Service
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Its good but could improve....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I haven't been to the Aquarium for about ten years so was really excited to go recently for a 4th birthday. It has improved in the last 10 yrs but doesn't have a cafe onsite, which is slightly annoying especially with young children. You have to leave the Aquarium to go and find somewhere to eat on the Southbank, and then re-enter the Aquarium. As it is a one way system it is hard to pick up where you left off, as you have to start from the beginning again.

Also - having been to the Aquarium at Monterey Bay, San Francisco and Southend I really do think they could make more of an effort with their staff - the penguin feeding especially was a bit of a disappointment - my kids love penguins but the keepers just came in to the enclosure and started feeding them. No microphone, no little talk, no interaction at all.

Compared to other Aquariums and London Zoo - where they do very good informative talks this was just not as good!

Having said all of that they kids had a good time and it is still an attraction worth visiting if you are in London with children.

Dear Mesouk,

Thank you for coming to visit us at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium, and most importantly for taking the time to write a review for us.

I am very glad to hear that all of your children enjoyed their experience. I am sorry that you missed the Penguin talk, which takes place at 15.00 daily. We do try to co-ordinate the talks and feeds so that they happen at the same time, but the needs of the animals come first and it may not always be possible. We do offer a full programme of talks throughout the day and the times for these can be found under the "plan your visit" section of the website and are advertised around the attraction.

I was very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit with us, we strive to create memorable and magical experiences for all of our guests and we are sorry if we did not achieve this for you on your visit.

We would love to hear more about your visit with us so we can discuss your experience further, so please do get in contact with us directly at sllondon@merlinentertainments.biz if you would like to share further details of your experience with us.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Samara - Customer Service.
Meppershall, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money on a busy day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Long wait to get in, make sure you pay for priority.

Very bad air con, and clostrophobic, low ceilings. It was a rainy day, but so hot in there, our 10 year old got a headache from the heat.

There is no crowd control, it was jammed, you are being pushed and shoved the whole time. Buggys are being rammed into the back of your ankles. You have to push your way trough people, and fight to get to the window of each tank to see anything.

They give you the impression you are seeing different really large tanks, then you realise it is actually the same one most of the time, just from different angles.

This is expensive, and you could really spend your money on better things in London.

They need to control the crowd, and only let a set amount in every now and then, it got to the point of being dangerous. Don't let buggys in, there just isn't room.

3 Thank TRAVELLOTS42
Dear TRAVELLOTS42,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to SEA LIFE London Aquarium and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Samara - Customer Service
Rugby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

By far the best Sea life centre in the UK. It is educational Great location to do a bit of site seeing too.

Dear Michelle_and_daisy,

I was really glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience so much, and that you found all of our exhibits educational.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon, and we would love to hear your views when you do.

Best Fishes,

Samara - Customer Services.