“A Feast for the eyes”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$110.83*
and up
Private Tour: London Walking Tour of Apsley House and the Victoria and Albert...
Ranked #4 of 1,595 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The world's greatest museum of art and design.The V&A's collections are unrivalled in their diversity. Explore historical and contemporary art and design, including works of art from many of the world's richest cultures. Admission free.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Rehovot, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Feast for the eyes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

No review is necessary. The museum is a must. Textiles and fashion, ceramics, glass and jewels.There was a Wedding Display special exhibit which was more than worthwhile seeing even though you had to pay for it. It was truly a feast for the eyes. Continue to the larger than life Albert Memorial statue.

Visited July 2014

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Super day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

So much to see, such variety of exhibits - something for every taste and interest. Lovely courtyard for lunch.

Visited August 2013
Glendale, California
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 300 helpful votes
“Plan Ahead- Excellent for Theatre Lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My in-laws encouraged me to check out the Victoria and Albert museum, as I had a free day as a London Tourist while my husband was working. They even kindly gave be cab fare, so that I wouldn't get lost from the hotel to the museum!

With the exception of special exhibitions, the Victoria and Albert is free, which is fabulous! Although come prepared with a few pounds to drop in the donation bucket.

The collection is absolutely massive. I did not plan ahead, which was a mistake. As soon as you enter, you are surrounded by sculptures and ancient objects. It's enough to make your head spin. I quickly realized that I would not see it all in a day ( or even a month), so I consulted a map and made a plan.

I focused on fashion, both the main collection and I paid extra to see an exhibit on 80's fashion called "Club to Catwalk". It was well worth the extra admission.

I also spent a great deal of time in the theatre/performing arts section. This is a must-do if you're a fan of theatre. The collection is amazing and I was in heaven. I probably spent two hours in this section, just soaking it all in.

I tend to max out at about five hours of museum time. I love museums, but I can't do them all day. In the mid afternoon, I found myself wanting lunch and the museum cafeteria was still packed. They had great offerings, but the crowds put me off, so I left the museum to seek lunch elsewhere.

Overall, this is a very lovely museum with a grand collection. I imagine there is something for everyone here. I highly recommend a visit.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Karen H
Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved this museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Take one of the free tours of the museum, our guide was so knowledgeable and passionate about the exhibits she showed us.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“art and design”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We saw a very interesting installation by a Chinese artist. The permanent collections are also quite extensive if you like art and artifacts. Plenty of pottery and other things.

Visited February 2014