Open today: 10:00 - 18:00
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$25.90
from US$59.03
from US$32.40
from US$44.30
5,305 results
All reviews london wall prehistoric times victorian street london's history pre history modern times olympic cauldron stone age chronological order interesting exhibits all ages special exhibition on display couple of hours few hours free entry rainy day
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I was interested to learn a little more about Roman London so we decided to visit. One upside is that unlike so many other tourist traps, this one was free!
The first galleries were a little boring with artefacts behind glass and lots of writing. I am aware the museum is moving so perhaps these galleries will be updated with more interactive interpretation tools, who knows.
The galleries have lots of artefacts and I would have loved to spend more time learning about them but it wasn't possible with small children. Halfway through our wandering there was an announcement about a children's story time in a gallery somewhere. We would have liked to go but we were stuck in the museum maze. Perhaps a more free flowing design with some more exit points for the new building?
I enjoyed this museum and when we return to London I'd love to visit in the new location.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We particularly enjoyed the Fire Fire Fire exhibition about the Great Fire of London. This is a temporary exhibition which I believe is on till the end of 2016. Also enjoyed seeing the Olympic cauldron and the London in the 50's and 60's. We are in the cafe which was also good with plenty of choices in sandwiches, cakes and salads.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Free entry/donation great for the whole family. Intersting exhibits from early history through to present day, interactive exhibits. children's activity trials. the great fire of London exhibition. There is so much to see even the cauldron from the London olympics . You will come away having more knowledge about London. clean modern facilities w.c , lockers and cafe . Worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

This museum was fantastic. Better than I dreamed. Everything is interesting and well presented. Tells of the history on London from prehistoric times to present. There is a wonderful Victorian street and the Lord Mayors magnificent carriage. I went around with a smile on my face. No crowds!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I was very lucky to attend a free tour of the medieval part. Our guide Jenny was just amazing. Deeply impressed by her knowledge and passionate account. I left with much better understanding of the city. It was pretty cool.