“Do not book a single. Burnt food.”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #206 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I booked a single in this hotel not realising how cramped it would be. Whilst I have no complaints about the bathroom the room was cramped. I felt claustrophobic and I could hear people next door. Whilst a double room should be the norm as prices are per room I was surprised I wasn't given a free upgrade despite my first stay here. This happens in other hotels. The room service was ok but the food was burnt and over cooked and dry. Not visiting again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that you felt the room was small, I appreciate our deluxe Single rooms are cosy; however, they are very comfortable and apt size for a single occupant. We do have bigger room types with double and king beds as we. May I recommend to reserve double/ king bedroom to avoid disappointment in future, as the complimentary upgrade are subject to discretion and availability I see the day you stayed with us, we were full booked. Please accept my sincere apologies for the food not being up to your satisfaction. Unsure if you highlighted it during your stay. May I request you to contact me next time you have a reason to stay in London and I shall ensure a seamless experience at Thistle Holborn.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

What a great location- a minutes walk from Holborn station and the British museum. Reasonably priced, modern bathrooms, good beds and friendly staff. The hotel bar is very good, with a affordable and good food menu. Unfortunately no mini-bar in the room.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely feedback. It’s always a delight to read such pleasant review. I am glad you found the room clean and comfortable, breakfast excellent, and location ideal. Unfortunately, we do not stock mini-bars in our rooms; we do have round the clock room service available and also few mini fridges for the guests to use, on request and subject to availability. Apologies for any inconvenience you might have had because of the same.
I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I booked this hotel for myself and three friends in July, for travel in November for a one night stay. 24 hours before travel I was told the hotel was overbooked and I was offered a sister hotel. I complained as this had been prepaid and booked for several months prior and I had chosen specifically for the location and also didn't want to rearrange plans made with my friends. Eventually eBookers told me the hotel would honour the booking as a 'good will' gesture - inappropriate use of words! On arrival the receptionist told me one room was available but they had been told by eBookers that the other party had offered to move hotels, again untrue. The receptionist to be fair gave us two rooms in the hotel and was understanding. I've stayed at this hotel before. I chose it for its cleanliness and location, For these reasons I would recommend and use again, but travellers beware of this issue.

Stayed: November 2013
Sudhanshu R, Relatonship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to read you had stayed with us in past and chose to return. Indeed our location is unbeatable and we do give high regards to cleanliness here at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. I can imagine the disappointment and the inconvenience you would have had with the mixed and unclear messages received. I genuinely hope eventually you and your friends had a brilliant stay with us. Thank you for recommending us and keeping your faith in us. Feel free to contact me next time you plan to stay in London and I shall ensure a seamless experience at Thistle Holborn.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been in this hotel for a weekend in London and would highly recommend it.
The location is absolutely great, 2 min walk to the British Museum.
The personnel were excellent, very friendly and helpful.
Fantastic choice!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for a fantastic review and recommendation. Lovely to know you enjoyed your stay at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley.
I look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

On my recent trip to London, I stayed in this hotel overnight. I really wish I had gone straight to this hotel from the airport and stayed two nights. The hotel upgraded my room from a standard double room to a larger room at the back of the hotel away from any road noise. It was tastefully decorated, very comfortable and quiet. It had a lounge, bedroom and large bathroom with shower, bath and warming bath rails for towels. Towels were white thick and fluffy. Tea and coffee making facilities were available, as was free bottled water. Reception, bar and restaurant staff were friendly and eager to please. The hotel is in a wonderful location close to the British Museum, Covent Gardens, the theatres and public transport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jandawal

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for the lovely review of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. Nothing can say you enjoyed your stay better than to hear you'd like to come back. We will be delighted to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 days with a friend in a standard twin room.

Pro's

The location of the hotel is excellent, minutes away from Oxford Street, Convent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, and mere steps away from the British museum. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel, and the tube station is just a couple of blocks away. In the evening, the area is packed full of restaurants, and it is also very near all theaters. Truly, a fabulous location.

The atmosphere and decoration of the hotel is simply lovely. From the minute you step in, you feel right at home and there is only beauty that meets the eye. They have a nice bar as well, which is always busy and lively.

The room we had was quite large by London standards. Again, a lovely decoration, but also comfortable beds, great tea making facilities (with shortbread cookies, yummy!) and a nice bathroom with a rain shower. Here again, we felt fully at home. There is also an excellent wifi available free of charge in the entire hotel. It is also quite peaceful, you don't get disturbed either by traffic or by other guests.

The quality of the staff was also excellent! They were all very friendly and eager to be helpful, and it was a pleasure to chat with them when returning in the evening. A special mention to be made to Tiziano, one of the concierge, who was a great help to me as I was waiting for a package, which finally got delivered after my departure. Truly, they all were customer oriented and super nice!

Last but not least, all this with a price tag that was more than correct (well, it was November though...)

Con's:

?

In summary, highly recommended address. I will most certainly return for my next trip to London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for a fantastic and generous feedback. Very well summarised the highlights of our lovely Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. Thank you for your compliment for Tiziano, I am sure he’ll be pleased to learn he could be of help. What else can you expect from a hotel good price, great location, excellent service, good food and beverage offerings, spacious well decorated rooms. I am glad these all were up to your expectations and most of it all, as you mentioned you would like to visit us again, we will eagerly wait to welcome you in near future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at the Kingsley with a travel companion for a 5 night stay while sightseeing in London. The hotel was really beautiful, had a great location, and we felt safe walking the neighborhood even at night. Beds were very comfortable, room was absolutely silent. We were in the back of the hotel, down a small corridor and heard nobody the entire stay. The view out the window was just of another building, but it's a city and to be expected. Easy access to all public transportation (tube and bus), with a couple of restaurants nearby. The staff was friendly and accommodating... no complaints at all. Room was clean, a little on the small side, but plenty of room for 2 twin beds and luggage (and shopping bags). The bathroom was well decorated, clean, well functioning. I would absolutely stay here again, and 100% recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Holly W

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for the lovely review of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. Nothing can say you enjoyed your stay better than to hear you'd like to come back. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be delighted to welcome you in near future.