“Great hotel in superb location in London”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #199 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 December 2013

THE hotel if you want to stay in London and visit the British Museum (two minutes around the corner!) and the West End theatres (ten minutes away) and restaurants of Covent Garden! Hundreds of good restaurants and pubs nearby. Not cheap but very friendly staff and we found the catering for all meals very good.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any. We had a room at the back. No view at all (just a wall!) but nice and qui...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thankyou for taking out your time to review us. Indeed the location of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley is ideal for British Museum and Theatres and also shopping and sightseeing:) I am pleased you found the location, foods and service to your liking.
I look forward to welcome you soon.
Sudhanshu Rathee

Write a ReviewReviews (2,365)

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my Mum, sole purpose for visiting London was to visit the theatre. On leavingthe tube at Holburn it was an easy quick walk to the hotel. Check in was speedy and pleasant, as was our twin room. Spacious with a large wardrobe and good lighting. The bathroom was a nice surprise, large and light with a walk in shower with rainfall head and separate handheld shower head.
Comfortable bed and quiets night sleep which for a reasonably busy road was surprising.
We didn't book breakfast so unable to comment. Check out was pain free and the baggage store was a great extra free of charge, meaning you can walk around the city without having to worry.
Shall visit again when next in London. Value for money.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your generous & lovely review. I am so pleased to read that the hotel and the team made your stay comfortable here at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley.
I look forward to invite you in near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Picked the hotel as within walking distance to Shaftsbury Avenue as had booked a show. Bus stop outside and only about 10 mins walk from Tottenham court Rd tube station. Staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The room we had was clean and comfortable which is all we needed. The breakfast which was in with the price of the room, was excellent kept me going all day well worth staying just for that . The other good point was being able to leave your luggage at the hotel free of charge after check out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I booked a single in this hotel not realising how cramped it would be. Whilst I have no complaints about the bathroom the room was cramped. I felt claustrophobic and I could hear people next door. Whilst a double room should be the norm as prices are per room I was surprised I wasn't given a free upgrade despite my first stay here. This happens in other hotels. The room service was ok but the food was burnt and over cooked and dry. Not visiting again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that you felt the room was small, I appreciate our deluxe Single rooms are cosy; however, they are very comfortable and apt size for a single occupant. We do have bigger room types with double and king beds as we. May I recommend to reserve double/ king bedroom to avoid disappointment in future, as the complimentary upgrade are subject to discretion and availability I see the day you stayed with us, we were full booked. Please accept my sincere apologies for the food not being up to your satisfaction. Unsure if you highlighted it during your stay. May I request you to contact me next time you have a reason to stay in London and I shall ensure a seamless experience at Thistle Holborn.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

What a great location- a minutes walk from Holborn station and the British museum. Reasonably priced, modern bathrooms, good beds and friendly staff. The hotel bar is very good, with a affordable and good food menu. Unfortunately no mini-bar in the room.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely feedback. It’s always a delight to read such pleasant review. I am glad you found the room clean and comfortable, breakfast excellent, and location ideal. Unfortunately, we do not stock mini-bars in our rooms; we do have round the clock room service available and also few mini fridges for the guests to use, on request and subject to availability. Apologies for any inconvenience you might have had because of the same.
I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I booked this hotel for myself and three friends in July, for travel in November for a one night stay. 24 hours before travel I was told the hotel was overbooked and I was offered a sister hotel. I complained as this had been prepaid and booked for several months prior and I had chosen specifically for the location and also didn't want to rearrange plans made with my friends. Eventually eBookers told me the hotel would honour the booking as a 'good will' gesture - inappropriate use of words! On arrival the receptionist told me one room was available but they had been told by eBookers that the other party had offered to move hotels, again untrue. The receptionist to be fair gave us two rooms in the hotel and was understanding. I've stayed at this hotel before. I chose it for its cleanliness and location, For these reasons I would recommend and use again, but travellers beware of this issue.

Stayed: November 2013
Sudhanshu R, Relatonship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to read you had stayed with us in past and chose to return. Indeed our location is unbeatable and we do give high regards to cleanliness here at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. I can imagine the disappointment and the inconvenience you would have had with the mixed and unclear messages received. I genuinely hope eventually you and your friends had a brilliant stay with us. Thank you for recommending us and keeping your faith in us. Feel free to contact me next time you plan to stay in London and I shall ensure a seamless experience at Thistle Holborn.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been in this hotel for a weekend in London and would highly recommend it.
The location is absolutely great, 2 min walk to the British Museum.
The personnel were excellent, very friendly and helpful.
Fantastic choice!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for a fantastic review and recommendation. Lovely to know you enjoyed your stay at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley.
I look forward to welcome you back in near future.
Sudhanshu