“Expensive but worth it”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #198 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent location, spotless, and spacious. Upgraded to juniour suite without asking. No worries, no complaints. No view, but not an issue, internal decoration was contemporary and stimulating. Loved the bath and high shower/low shower combination. Staff all helpful and friendly. Bit expensive, but that's London for you. Handy for St Pancras. The bar was crowded when we checked in because of an event. The bar was quiet when we left enabling a peaceful 10 minutes with the papers! Would return, happy to recommend

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am pleased you enjoyed our wonderful location and super staff. Nothing states more that you enjoyed your stay than willing to return. I look forward to welcome you back.
Season’s greetings
Sudhanshu

Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Ideal location for West End shows, walking distance from Covent Garden and the shops. The hotel itself is in good repair with modern fixtures and fittings but retains an elegant charm. The buffet breakfast was piping hot and freshly cooked with plenty of choice. Evening meals in the restaurant are of a good quality but very small portions - opt for three courses if you're hungry! The rooms are well equipped but slightly on the small side, standard for London city centre though. The only negative comment is that there wasn't a single member of staff who had English as a first language. Sometimes staff were difficult to understand and on one occasion the waitress in the bar did not understand our request, so opted to ignore us! As a British person in a London hotel, you expect to be understood. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to read you had a pleasant stay at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. The breakfast specifications have been revised recently across Thistle group and I personally believe is one of the best spreads, so it is good to know you enjoyed it. Apologies that the evening meal portion did not meet your expectation; your comments shall be shared with the head Chef. Also, accept my sincere apologies for the communication barrier and the service issue you faced. I would like to thank you for your balanced review and rest be assured we shall look in to the points raised and take care of the.
I look forward to welcome you back soon.
Season’s Greetings

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We booked this hotel for my wife and daughter for a one night trip to London. It was perfectly placed to get to the theatre - they had tickets for a matinee performance - and coventry garden etc.
The staff were so helpful and friendly, and the room was first rate. The restaurant was very quiet, but the food was perfect as we're the surroundings. Breakfast was buffet style, with literally everything that you could possibly want. We would definitely return to this hotel.
The bedroom was extremely quiet, and very comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear of the hotel seem to be much quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
It was a genuine pleasure to read your lovely review, thank you so much for your patronage and a generous feedback. It’s great to know the team took good care of you and the room, breakfast, location and service all met you expectations.
I look forward to welcome you and family in near future.
Season’s Greetings

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, room was clean comfortable bed. Our room was at the back of the hotel so very quiet. the hotel is on a busy road so front rooms could be noisy.
Short distance to Covent Garden and theatres. Friendly helpful staff. Nice lounge and bar

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you staying at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, its always a pleasure to read you found the hotel’s staff friendly, room quite, comfortable and the location suitable during your recent stay with us. Even the rooms in the front a quite thanks to the effective double glazing.
I look forward to welcome you back.
S Rathee

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I booked this hotel because the location seemed good, and that it was! Just a few minutes walk from Oxford Street, a few minutes from Covent Garden and right beside two tube stations. We hadn't breakfast included when we booked but opted to pay £10 pp for it each morning. It was a buffet and had a large variety from fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, breads and traditional English hot breakfast. The only flaw I had was with the breakfast staff, if anything they were too eager to clear your plate and were over and back as soon as you'd put your fork down. But all in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I'll stay here again for my next London visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time out to share your balanced review of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley’s unbeatable location and breakfast. Your feedback is shared with the breakfast team to ensure a corrective measure is taken. I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night on Monday and I can't fault it. We were greeted warmly when we checked in and given a choice of floor, to which we chose the 6th floor. The room was lovely, clean, quiet and spacious for the two of us, the bed we both commented was lovely and comfy I had such a good nights sleep! We didn't eat in the hotel so I'm unable to comment on the food. My boyfriend specifically thought the location of the hotel was great, was a quick walk to holborn tube station and the same into covent garden. The hotel had no qualms about looking after our bags on the second day once we had checked out which was incredibly helpful as we wanted to explore London.

Overall neither of us have any complaints and would be very happy to stay again! :)

Thanks

• Stayed: December 2013
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to say at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley and for your review. I am pleased to read you found us to be an ‘Excellent hotel’. Feedback like yours keeps us working hard to ensure we give the best product and service to our esteemed guests. May I recommend trying our reasonably priced, delicious food in the bar/restaurant or even via round the clock room service.
Glad to know you’d like to visit us again, we shall be eagerly waiting to welcome you soon.
Season's greetings
Sudhanshu Rathee

Reviewed 3 December 2013

From the very beginning of our four day stay in London they couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. From helping with understanding the Underground system, to helping with our cell phone international use age. Every time we needed an answer to a question they were always cheerful and pleasant.
The rooms were clean and pleasant. Not to large and not too small.
Each morning we enjoyed an English breakfast in the dining room that was very tasty and convenient.
We arrived back late one night and decided to have a drink in the bar. We hadn't had dinner but they were able to make us food to enjoy with our drinks.
All in all I would recommend them to other travelers. I think you will pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you staying at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. It's always a pleasure to know you found the hotel’s staff friendly and location suitable. I am glad your room was confortable and quite, even the rooms in the front are quite thanks to the effective double glazing.
I look forward to welcome you back.
S Rathee