“Excellent visit.”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #206 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a very enjoyable, three night stay at this hotel. It is well positioned, within easy walking distance of Covent Garden etc. We found the staff to be the most polite, helpful staff we have encountered, which says everything about the hotel. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to any visitor.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, and you will get just that!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My mother and I stayed over the last weekend in March. We had a wonderful stay as we were given a comp upgrade (including breakfast) and staff made Mother's Day very special for us. Proximity to the british museum and theatres is a bonus, however the friendly and professional staff made our stay very memorable.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We can highly recommend this Hotel. The location is ideal being close to the West End and Covent Garden. The staff are extremely polite helpful & friendly, the rooms are spotlessly clean and the food was excellent.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here in August 2013 and were very happy with the hotel and location. The hotel was immaculate and very modern. The British museum was right around the corner, and so were the bus stops for the Big Bus tours. Every staff member was extremely helpful with all of our questions and needs. The restaurants were very nice too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The stay was great, good customer service. Really enjoyed it. The staffs was very welcoming and appreciate their kind attitudes towards the guests. Overall it was a good experience and I will definitely come back again to London since I know where to stay - Thistle .

• Stayed: April 2014
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for staying with us and your splendid review. It’s always a pleasure to read a good review knowing the product and services we have to offer at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley met your expectations. Nothing states you enjoyed your stay than a will to return. I look forward to welcome you back soon.
Warm regards
S Rathee

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Kingsley is a nice hotel with typical London (small) rooms in the heart of the Bloomsbury area, on the edge of Covent Garden, and just a few blocks from the Holborn Tube station. The staff has been extremely pleasant, and very helpful. My room, while small, is neat and serviceable with a wardrobe and desk. There are no drawers to be found, the nightstands are just tables... there is a safe in the room - but no fridge - something I've come to appreciate in many urban hotels. My colleagues tell me the buffet breakfast was good - I'm more of a 'just coffee' guy in the AM so I go out for a latte to one of the many nearby coffee shops. There is no fitness center, but the staff will direct you to a very nice club where by showing your hotel key sleeve and a photo ID you can workout for 5 pounds.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for a very neat summary of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, I am sure many readers will find it useful. I am glad you found the hotels location suitable and staff pleasant and helpful.
Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to review us.
I look forward to welcome you back soon.
Sincerely
Sudhanshu

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I spent over a week at this hotel last month and had a very nice stay. I would definitely stay here again!

ROOM
I was upgraded to a junior suite on the quiet side of the hotel and it was lovely. The room was facing the courtyard and though you sacrifice the view, Bloomsbury St. is every noisy, mainly because of the very loud buses, and I appreciated the quiet night's sleep. Bed was very firm and though I prefer firm, I also like a little softness. Pillows were much too soft for me.

STAFF:
Taziano(spelling!!), Eloise and Maria were always very helpful and answered my questions.

LOCATION:
If you exit the hotel and turn right, the British museum is down the next street (go right) or you can keep straight and make your way to Oxford St. (the longest shopping street in Europe) in about 10-12 min. I walk fast so add a little more if you're a leisurely walker. Along the way are some quaint restaurant/cafe's and convenient stores for snacks etc. As you travel up Oxford St, you'll run into Regeant street where all the designer stores are located. It's super busy on both streets so be prepared for the crowds, especially on the weekend This hotel is also close to SOHO/Theatre district, about a 15-20 min walk. There's also a Stainsbury grocery store in the same director as the Holborn station.

TRANSPORTATION: This hotel has a bus stop right outside the door and is about a 5-7 min walk to the Holborn station (turn left). If you're heading toward Oxford St. there are other stations along the way.

FOOD: No comment as I never ate there. Prices were high and the selection was more on the fancy side.

RECOMMENDATIONS:This hotel has a bus stop right outside the door and is about a 5-7 min walk to the Holborn station (turn left).
The housecleaning staff was friendly, but I felt the rooms could be tended to better. Sometimes they didn't leave us enough towels, and the bathroom never really seemed like they cleaned it. I could tell the floor was never swept or mopped because I could see the same water spots from my entire stay. And while I saw the blue cleaner in the tub, you could tell the tile walls surrounding the tub weren't cleaned.

SUMMARY
As mentioned earlier, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely choose this hotel again. The front desk staff and the location were great. Oh, I also enjoyed the décor. Loved the chandeliers!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner course are quieter. Rooms facing Bloomsbury St. are subject to the VERY LOUD...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for a well balanced review of your stay at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, I am sure many travellers will find it useful.
I am glad the location, room and the staff during your stay made your stay enjoyable. Eloise, Maria and Tiziano are thrilled to see their names mentioned. Thank you for highlighting the few mentioned issues apologies for the same. I shall ensure they are looked in to and necessary actions are taken.
I look forward to welcome you back soon.
Sincerely