“Perfect stay”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #200 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is very helpful, the breakfast is great, the hôtel is close to everything : the British Museum, Covent Garden and Oxford and Regent streets. It is a perfect place !

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for a wonderful summary of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. I am glad you had a perfect stay with us.
I look forward to welcome you soon.

There are newer reviews for Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great location, fabulous service, clean comfortable rooms. Thoroughly recommended. Breakfasts plentiful and varied. Hotel tastefully decorated throughout. The breakfast voucher thing is a bit of a faff bat not really a problem.

Room Tip: Check the floor space, some of the smaller rooms are a bit tight for a couple.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking your time to reviewing and recommending us. It’s a pleasure to learn you found all aspects of the hotel to expectations most importantly outstanding service.
I look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Pros: impeccable service with a smile and spacious spotless very comfortable rooms. Not as well equipped than other similar hotels (for example no iPod dock) but the superb bathroom made up for that.
Cons: room overlooking front very noisy. Breakfast did not live up to the standard of the rest of the hotel- terrible fatty bacon!
We ate at the restaurant which was nice, good value tasty food with again the best service you could ask for.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,
Your balanced review of your recent stay at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley is much appreciated. I am elated to learn you found the service impeccable, the hotel clean, room’s spacious, superb bathroom and the food tasty and of good value. I would like to take this opportunity to advice you our Junior Suites are equipped with the iPod docking stations, along with larger area, extra amenities, seating area; may I recommend you to upgrade yourself to Junior Suite on your next visit.
The breakfast spread generally earns lots of positive reviews, I am sorry to learn it did not meet your expectations; I shall pass your feedback to our head chef.
Also accept my apologies that the room provided was noisy for you. On your next visit may I recommend to request for the middle section, higher level or rooms at the back of the hotel which are very quite.
I look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here at the start of March and it was the second time.
It was good first time and probably even better second time.
Friendly staff welcome you to a clean, good sized room. Breakfast is great. Bar is trendy and typical London prices.
Convenient for Covent Garden and theatre land - as well as a great base to explore the rest of London.
I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone who wants a good quality hotel at a reasonable price in a convenient location

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Your loyalty is much appreciated. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, reviewing us and most importantly recommending us. I am glad most aspects of our product and services meet your requirements and expectations. We shall continue to deliver great service and hope to welcome you back soon and often.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Well organised. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. Our room on the third floor was very quite, clean and well equiped with a nice bathroom. Breakfast was of high quality.
The hotel is also well positioned to visit London, very close to the British Museum and Covent Garden. The tube station Holborn is nearby. We would certainly stay again in Thistle Holborn, when we visit London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for staying with us and your splendid review. It’s always a pleasure to read a good review knowing the product and services we have to offer at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley met your expectations. Nothing states you enjoyed your stay than a will to return. I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel; the first was last summer (reviewed 20th October), and after making a couple of comments about some small service issues, I heard from the Operations Manager, Aygul. She had promised to "restore my faith in the hotel"... and I'm pleased to say that she certainly delivered, with exemplary service from start to finish!

First of all, I sent Aygul an email directly to arrange a stay. Although she was not even at work, I heard back within about 5 minutes and everything was booked a few moments later... and this was at almost midnight! Upon arriving at the hotel, I certainly felt like the "red carpet" was rolled out for me... including a personal greeting, and complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. The room was spacious, with a separate sitting area and dressing room... very nice indeed. Also, in my previous review I had mentioned there was no fridge in the room... but one had been especially brought up for me this time!

Despite this special treatment, I can honestly say that I was extremely impressed with the service from all of the staff I had encountered; very friendly, efficient, and professional. And as I had mentioned in my previous review, this hotel also has a lot of great aspects: great location, a beautiful grand building, classy decor, modern clean rooms, and an excellent breakfast.

Although I'm still not convinced that the Thistle brand (in general) is offering all of the amenities that they should with 4* hotels, the Kingsley is certainly an excellent hotel and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AR_Cox_
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Your loyalty and a wonderful review of your most recent visit are much appreciated. It’s a pleasure to learn all aspects of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley make your stay with us a wonderful one. Aygul is thrilled to know her going ‘extra mile’ restored your faith in us. She thanks you for recognising her and the team’s efforts.
May I recommend joining our generous ‘Signature’ loyalty programme online to enjoy more from your stays across 7,632 bedrooms in UK across Thistle and Guoman hotel group, largest UK hotel chain!
We shall ensure to continue to provide you with a lovely experience.
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked this hotel with slight trepidation, if only because it was the only preferred hotel under my company's per night rate limit, and I had no experience with Thistle hotels prior. I would certainly stay here again after my stay. I arrived in the morning off the red-eye, and I was in my room by 11am without any added fees. Internet access is free, which is an enormous plus (more for the leisure traveler), and it was fast enough for me to stream Netflix on my iPad without any buffering. For the price, the location is stellar - blocks from the British Museum and the Holborn and Tottenham Court Rd tube stations. The lobby and common areas of the hotel have a distinct perfume; it could be overwhelming for some, but it oozes freshness. The room was a decent size; typical for central London, albeit with no dresser or drawers (take note if staying for a longer period of time. The bathroom could have a few more amenities (i.e. the bars of soap/shampoo bottles were tiny); it was the one area that seemed like the hotel was trying to scrape by. Other than that, everything was in great working order and the staff I interacted with were very pleasant and helpful. It's not luxury by any stretch, but a clean, good-sized room in a good location at a much better price than neighboring hotels of similar amenities.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a window onto the street are a bit louder
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear guest,
So glad to learn your apprehension was put to rest by the good location of the hotel, clean, comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff, fast free internet, ideal price and good smell  I hope we’ve made you one of Thistle’s many loyal guests. I am sorry the amenities in the bathroom were not up to your expectations, they are replenished daily also more can be delivered on request round the clock.
Also, I notice your room tip; please accept my sincere apologies that the provided room’s was noisy as per your expectations. We do have triple glazing in many rooms and rooms in the middle section and the back section of the hotel are extremely quite. May I recommend requesting for one of them on your next visits.
Thank you fro staying with us and for your review.
I hope to welcome you back in near future.