“Meets in full my requirements”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #164 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Meets in full my requirements”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Location (proximity to the City), reliability of the Wi-fi, room quality and friendly staff are the reasons of my choice of the hotel. I have stayed 3 times so far and i will do so in my next trip. Highly recommended for business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Costas T
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear reviewer,
Thank you so much for staying with us and recommending Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. Pleasure to learn the offerings and service are to your expectations.
Your loyalty is much appreciated. I hope you’ve signed up to our generous ‘Signature’ loyalty program to avail.
I look forward to welcome you back in near future.
Feel free to contact me if you/ your company wish to set up a corporate rate with us.
Sudhanshu.Rathee@Thistle.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kalkara, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Boyfriend and I were treating his mum and sister to a couple of days in London and chose a Thistle hotel, as we usually do. Location was great, rooms comfortable and staff generally helpful and efficient.

On our second day after checking out we returned to collect our bags. We had been sightseeing and had not had time for lunch. We ordered club and toasted sandwiches at the hotel. The food took forever and when it arrived it was cold and not what had been ordered. We were tired, hungry and fed up. Our driver was due to collect us, though he was running late stuck in traffic, and we had no time to re-order.

We complained and were not charged for the food but struggled to understand how a hotel of this standard couldn't get right a basic order for what was only a few sandwiches. They were not busy - we were the only customers in the restaurant.

Anyway, I'm pleased to say the hotel have been in touch by email offering a discounted stay which is appreciated but our experience was not what we expect when staying in a Thistle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 724jane
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your well balanced feedback. Sorry to learn the simple order of club sandwiches was not delivered to your expectations. I am glad the team did the service recovery and hope you are pleased with the outcome. The issue had been highlighted to the executive chef to look into the lapse in the quality of food.
Thank you for your compliment on the location, room and staff being helpful and efficient at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsely.
We look forward to welcome you back in near future.
Sincerely
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I can't rave about this hotel, or say that my experience was as great as some other reviewers. There were none of those extra touches that equal 5 stars in my opinion (our room was not ready early so that we could check in when we arrived in London, as some reviewers spoke of, there were no upgrades, no great service experiences) but it definitely met all the requirements for a nice stay in England. The room was tiny but clean, the front desk staff polite (if not especially friendly). It was clean and quiet (we followed Tripadvisor advice and requested a room high up to avoid street noise) and while there were a few small issues overall efficient. I would advise against dinner at the restaurant, however. The staff there was very nice, but it was the only really bad tasting meal we had in London.

Room Tip: High up- very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley and for taking time out for your feedback. I am sorry to learn you did not get the exceptional service we strive to deliver to our guests. The early check in and complimentary upgrades are subject to availability. Please accept my sincere apologies that the dinner was not to your expectations. Your response is being shared with the Food and Beverage manager and Executive Chef to look into it.
I hope to welcome you back.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Our first ever trip to London for our Honeymoon. Perfect location as its just a 5 mins walk from Holborn tube station which serves the Piccadilly Line from the Heathrow Airport. Room is small but functional and clean. Staff were friendly and warm especially the receptionist Andrea who checked us in. Knowing it was our first time in London, he provided us with maps and directions to the attractions. We did not take up the hotel breakfast buffet options as we had wanted to try various food around London for our breakfast. The hotel itself is just another 5 mins walk to Oxford St and 10 mins to Regent St where we do our shopping and dining. The only problem we encountered is that there is no drainage system in the bathroom. Overall it was a great stay for our Honeymoon in London!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for choosing your special trip ‘Honeymoon’ with us. It’s a pleasure to learn it was perfect for you. Andrea is thrilled to see her name being mentioned on this platform and passes her gratitude for the same.
The hotel’s drainage works just fine, I am sorry to learn you faced trouble with it in your room.
I hope to see you soon.
Feel free to contact me if you plan to visit London in future.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Great central location. Older building with character, but clean and modern inside. Warm welcome, and friendly, efficient staff. Quiet, clean and comfortable room. I slept well with no disturbances. The room had all the facilities I needed, and exceptionally good, free WiFi.
I believe the hotel was full, but it never felt crowded. It was possible to have a relaxed and thoroughly enjoyable breakfast, which is a rare pleasure in London hotels. This was my first stay at this hotel. I will definitely stay there again.
I did not have time during my two days at this Thistle to try the restaurant for lunch or dinner, or to check if there was a gym.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian T
Dear reviewer,
It’s a genuine pleasure to read your feedback, thank you for taking out time to share it. You’ve quite beautifully summed up the unique selling points of our hotel i.e. location, free fast Wi-Fi, delicious breakfast, quite, clean, comfortable rooms and most vital: great service!
I would like to recommend trying our good, honest food on your next visit; which we hope is coming up soon.
Sincerely
S Rathee
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

It's easy to get to and in the center of everything! Everyone was very helpful, and the British museum was a block away. The bus stop is right out front, two metros a block either way, and kings cross train station nearby. Old hotel bones, but totally remodeled room. Lots of places to eat nearby, and you can walk to the Thames

Room Tip: We got the top corner room, great views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john g
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel in central London. Staff are helpful and friendly especially those on reception. My room was clean and comfortable. Room service was delivered quickly and was very good with plenty to choose from. Breakfast was good as well. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business