Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
2,453 results
All reviewsbritish museumcovent gardengreat locationoxford streetwest endbox of chocolatestheatre landjunior suitelovely hoteldrury lanetheatre breakgood sizeminute walkfree upgradecentral hotelbus stopbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I stayed at the Kingsley in March with my mom and Aunt for Sring Break in March 2009. I have been to London several times but this was the best trip. The hotel is walking distance to the tube and shopping. I love shopping on Oxford Street and I could walk to Oxford from the hotel. Of course you can take a taxi or the bus but you can also walk so you can spend more euros on shopping. There is this great hamburger place down the way from the hotel. As an American I don't think the food is that great in London but this burger was big, good, and juicy. I highly recommend this hotel because of it's location and I forgot...it's newly renovated so it's real modern. I'll definitely be back next spring break!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank DCJetsetter1210
Thistle_CS, Customer Relations Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Kingsley by Thistle. I am delighted with your feedback and pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2009

We go to London a couple of times each year and are accustomed to very disappointing hotels with tiny rooms. The Kingsley was a complete exception although I suspect we had a room upgrade.
The hotel was recently refurbished in an impressive boutique style using very high quality fittings, our room was excellent with a huge comfy bed, flat screen TV, armchair, desk etc. It was completely quiet. The bathroom was crisp, modern and very well equipped.
The included breakfast buffet provided all you can eat full English or continental in a good surroundings with enthusiastic staff doing coffee and toast etc.
We did not sample much of the other service so can't really comment. The hotel is a few steps from Bloomsbury square where we parked the car. This is a nice part of London. Great value for money and a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bond1674
Thistle_CS, Customer Relations Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2009

Reviewed 2 October 2009

Only stayed for one night, but was very impressed with quality of staff, service and room. Ideally located, close to tube stations, and close to theatreland, the main reason for our stay. Room was ideal, very modern, clean and comfortable (514) .
Only downside was lack of hot water for a full bath/shower, but not a big issue on a one night stay.
Breakfast was great, one of the best in any hotel i have stayed in.
Would thoroughly recommened to others, and would definately return again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinG1978
Thistle_CS, Customer Relations Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Kingsley by Thistle. I am delighted with your feedback and pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. However I was disappointed to read that there was not enough hot water in the hotel and I will be sure to pass this issue on to our maintanance team. I will also be sure to share your positive comments with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2009

I would definately recommend this to my friends and we are going to use this for our base whenever we visit London.
The location was within easy walking distance from all of the main attractions and ideal for those wishing to visit the theatre during their stay. The room was 'cosy' but ample big enough for a base and very clean.
The tea and coffee is in the drawer and you can always ask for more at reception they are very obliging.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank shellblack
Thistle_CS, Customer Relations Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Kingsley by Thistle. I am delighted with your feedback and pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2009

Paid £112 for a double (room 206) on a on line distributor the night before...- this room was located at front of building on only 2nd floor but good sound proofing assured this was not a problem. Large room, with lots of room to move around the king sized bed; Recently renovated inthe usual clean line, trendy look; large bath with good shower; Located a short walk from the Tottenham Court Rd tube, and several short streets from bus lines, so good for transport in central London.... did not use the breakfast or bar so no omments there....I was really pleased given how tiny so many London hotel rooms are....I'll stay again...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susans_adventures
Thistle_CS, Customer Relations Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2009