“Lovely ambience!”

Ranked #41 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambience!”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We had 2 rooms and thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel. The decor is understated and elegant , very obvious attention to detail and excellent customer service. The location of this hotel is fantastic , would love to stay again !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Camberley
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here as part of my birthday treat and it was wonderful. We had the most basic of rooms with no view but the furnishings etc were sumptuous. The staff could not have been more helpful especially at check-in and check-out. We arrived separately after working in different parts of the city and when my husband arrived, after I had checked in, the staff requested identification – well done.
Cocktails in the bar were superb but the buffet breakfast was a tad disappointing for what they charge. At £30 each I would have expected better coffee. Apart from that – I shall certainly consider staying there again.

istanbul
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We always try to choose a hotel in the best spot in the city and Langham is definately one of them.You cant beat the location.Besides the location its a very chic hotel with comfortable rooms.Would stay there again if I can afford it:)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Stratford upon Avon
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I have passed this hotel every week for the past 20 years, never stayed here as money has always been too tight.
Took the plunge for my wife's birthday and now hooked.
Right from the start everything is fantastic, valet parking to the reception.
Stayed in a Club Room with access to the lounge, free everything and lots of choice.
Going to have to go back and back

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 30 October 2012

great hotel , very nice rooms though i got one overlooking the street so not happy with the view. its a huge hotel got myself lost a couple of times trying to navigate from the pool to the reception. service was impeccable except at the La Roux restaurant where the british stiff upper lip came into play.

the concierge Brian was great and extremely helpful so also the doorman. the location is great a 5 min walk to any of the shopping areas or to oxford circus station. they have an excellent spa and fitness centre . the telephone operator was also very helpful. the only other note of dissatisfaction was their internet service - didnt work for the ipad and was extremely slow on the lap top also.

Room Tip: i got a street view room - there must be better rooms i presume.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed at The Langham for my 30th birthday. My husband and I booked a club room which meant that we had access to the club lounge during our stay. This included afternoon tea and evening canapes served with Champagne and we took our breakfast there too. Our room was very nice but it didn't have a wow factor. I actually didn't get a great sleep here due to noise from the lift which was a shame. However the staff at the hotel were so so professional and from the moment we arrived, we knew you were staying in a fine hotel. I can't rate the staff enough for their hospitality and 5* service. The lobby areas are beautiful and the fresh flowers throughout the hotel are a wonderful touch of class. Our receptionist took us to our room where I had a special birthday trio of cakes waiting for me on the table. Nice surprise! We made use of the hotel's pool and sauna in the afternoon. On my actual birthday my family joined us for afternoon tea in the Palm Court which was out of this world, better than The Ritz. All in all we had a nice time but it was really expensive. I think I would prefer to stay in a hotel that has a stunning view next time.

1 Thank MaldivesOneDay
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We have stayed here many, many times and have always been delighted. Perfection is what the Langham is about and that includes the staff. Staying in the Club is like being at home, but with servants. Obviously this doesn't come cheap, but quality rarely does!
Why am I being so complimentary? - it will be fully booked when we next want to stay!!