“Definately 5 Stars” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 1,086 Hotels in London
williamsburg va
“Definately 5 Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

After several months of reading reviews and narrowing our search down, we finally chose the Langham London - I'm so glad we did. We booked the Langham Club Room for the 1st week in August. We received an upgrade to the Executive Club Room on the 9th floor, much to our surprise. Loved everything about the Langham - the room, helpful friendly staff, beautiful flowers and decor, and excellent resturants that exceeded our expectations. The use of the Club Room for breakfast, beverages and evening drinks fit our daily plans perfectly. If you are thinking of staying here, do it - you won't be disappointed.

Thank you Langham for making our first trip to London a memorable one.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelers-tu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

As mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel renovations have been done to an exceptionally high standard. The rooms are elegant and comfortable and the lobby and bar areas are beautiful. Some of the previous reviews comment on the rooms being on the small side. Although our room wasn't huge it was really well designed - a large bed, dressing table, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. The bathroom was a classical modern style and as per the bedroom, well laid out and beautifully designed. Different to some other 5 star hotels we have stayed in, it was also convenient that there were tea/coffee making facilities and an iron in the room.

The staff are both courteous and knowledgable and the hotel is also in a fantastic location, minutes walk from Oxford Circus tube station. We used the bar in the hotel a few times and had some fabulous cocktails and free canapes. We didn't eat in the hotel as there are lots of lovely bars and restaurants in Marylebone village which is only about a five minute walk away (there are also lots of coffee bars and a Pizza Express etc right on the doorstop of the hotel).

The Langham would definitely be my first choice hotel when I stay in London next time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

I arrived on a busy friday evening for two nights and had a great stay at the Langham Hotel of London. Everything about this hotel was great and although I did not spend too much time at the hotel, I can say that it was an enjoyable stay. This was my first stay in this hotel and I was quite impressed with the service and politness of the staff. I will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The Bahamas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

We paid 480 Dollars a night for a double room and no regrets because it was a great choice. We were in UK for 12 days and spent 3 of those 12 at the Langham of London and enjoyed every minute of it. As other reveiwers mentioned here, the food is great and real quality and nothing is hard work for the kitchen. If I go back to London, I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

We stayed at the Langham for 2 nights over a weekend. My wife treated me to a w/e in London without the kids. The hotel was refurbished and opened recently after extensive renovations. On arrival we were given an upgrade, as my wife had requested it on making reservation.
The service all round was excellent. Our room was great with a really comfortable bed. The view was some what of a let down, not only did it over look the central internal area but you could see piled up old furniture in other rooms across the yard. Not a pretty sight.
The breakfast we found a little on the expensive side ( £30 for what might be described as a British Breakfast ). There are lots of other options withing 3 min walk so your not short of choice.
The location is truly excellent for shopping/dinner/theater. Covent Garden can be reached in 20-30min walk. I would recommend the 1 day travel card at cost of £5.40. For a short stay like this avoid the tour bus ( cost of £24 per person ).
I would recommend the hotel for a great 5 star stay, but get a room with view overlooking the road.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

Normally, I stay at the Manadrin Oriental, Hyde Park but due to unavailability we booked a club room at the Langham and I have to say The Langham will be where I stay in London from now on. THe service was excellent and effortless! We were traveling with an 18 month old so our special requests were numerous...and always met and executed with no problems - the staff were happy to meet our requests...and at no charge!! THe service was so great at the club level that I think I will only stay at club levels from now on. Mandarin Oriental poopoos club levels as they say all guests are VIP's but I've never had the level of service at MO that I received at the Langham. THe room was spotless, amenities plenty....

My only negative thing I would say is that numerous guests were using the library lounge to hold interviews and when other guests entered to use the internet...they did not lower their voices or continue the interviews discreetly - perhaps management might want to consider booths for this to avoid inconveniencing other guests.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
saudi arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Arrived with my wife on a busy Saturday afternoon and the front desk was busy and in order not to make us wait, someone walked from the back of the reception and greeted us and asked for our details and bought us a couple of cocktails and a bit of snack while we waited and 10 minutes after we had our room all ready with our suitcases in there already! WOOWW ...... You don´t come across this everyday! But this was getting better everyda because no matter what questions you asked the conceorge, he had the answer there and then and not like many other 5 star hotels that they have to make many phone calls to find the answer.
The location was excellent and we look forward to go back soon.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business