“Perfect room - exceptional service”

The Stafford London
Ranked #28 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Potomac, MD
“Perfect room - exceptional service”
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Second stay at this hotel in April 2012. Everything was perfect. The room was large, decorated in an appropriate and lovely style, and well laid out. Staff were unbelievably helpful and courteous. No amenity was omitted. The location is absolutely perfect – central but quiet. Will definitely make this my home away from home in London.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank HBMiller
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased you enjoyed the layout and style of one of our newly refurbished suites. Our Executive Housekeeper who is in charge of the hotel's decor was delighted to read your comments. Of course I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed our service as that to me is our most valuable asset.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you 'home' very soon!

Leon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Beverly, MA
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed at the Stafford in March of 2012 for 5 nights. The accommodations were perfect for our purposes to tour London. The location in St. James and access to the Underground made getting around the city easy while providing a refuge as well. The staff juggled the multiple comings and goings of my children and nieces perfectly. We had two rooms for 5 nights and a third room for two nights. The concierge arranged transportation for us seamlessly. My wife unfortunately injured her back during our trip and her mobility became limited. I was overwhelmed by the care and concern of all the staff for her comfort and the efforts they extended to her in this regard. Lionel and Ben the managers in the American Bar made her feel at home and made sure she was fine and deserve special recognition for this, as well as my thanks. From management to housekeeping our stay was an exemplary experience in the industry. We have stayed at several Hotels in London but the Stafford will be our go to Hotel from now on.

Room Tip: We were in the main Hotel with an adjoining King bed and bath attached to a larger Room with two ful...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tjmarine
Thank you very much for your lovely review! I hope your wife is feeling better now. I am thrilled to learn that my team has well taken care of your wife and of course the other members of your family as we pride ourselves to be a 'home away from home'. Ben and Lionel also read your review and are very grateful for you mentioning them.

I sincerely hope to get the opportunity to welcome you 'home' very soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Location is excellent - in the middle of it all, but yet secluded in a very calm street. From the front desk lady to the sales manager, everybody is extremely kind and helpful. Not only I was upgraded to a wonderful suite in the side building (I had a xmas tree in my living room!), but they also included breakfast and a tea service in my stay. I didn't have the opportunity to have other meals or room service at the hotel, but the english breakfast was really good. top notch 5* property! Do consider booking it if you want to be central but feel like home.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cadi C
Thank you for your so positive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you feel at 'home'. Christmas remains a great tradition and it is as important to me and my team as it is to our guests. Making our guests feel at ease and special is always our aim and I am so glad we achieved to make you feel exactly that way.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back 'home' in the hopefully not too distant future.

Waco, Georgia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in the winter of 2011 when they were doing a major renovation... couldn't have been a better expierence. The entire staff ... from the door man to the makeshift conceirge they had -- was just ABOVE and beyond professional. I guess what I am trying to say is if I experienced this level of perfect service during a renovation ... imagine how even better it will now be!! I stayed in the new wing... Room 533.... awesome. Even the automated elevator lady made me feel at home: "doors opening" ... Close to everyhting London: Trufitt & Hill for a hairdut, museums, RAClub, The Golden Lion for a Guiness but nothing beats their inhouse bar/rest: The American Bar. Outfiited with gads of cool American sports memorabilia including my squash racquet that I left in the room and they graciously added to the bar! Make sure you have a nice gin and tonic and cigar on the outside patio of the American Bar... service exceptional and the best olives and chips ever! I've stayed at lots of other places in London but this place trumps... simply the best! See you in 2013! M. Morgan

Room Tip: They're all excellent!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Volmax
Dear Mr. Morgan,

Thank you so very much for your fantastic review. My team and I are truly flattered (and we all agreed that your review makes up for the delay!). I am so pleased you enjoyed the American Bar and your stay in one of our Stafford Mews Junior Suites. Your squash racquet is a great addition to our memorabilia in The American Bar - thank you very much for entrusting us with it!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back 'home' in 2013!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

When you are welcomed by the excellent staff with a "welcome home" you are immediately at ease and relaxed. Not only are all of the staff here fantastic, the rooms are comfortable and the biggest plus is how quiet it is. You do not even realise that you are in central London.
A great hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Neil S
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
You have made us the greatest compliment - Your home away from home. I am so very pleased you feel that way about your recent stay at The Stafford and I sincerely hope that we will be having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
St Asaph
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Delighted with our stay here. Extremely comfortable, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Room service excellent and the food was delicious! Very friendly helpful team in every department. Great location! Not far from anywhere, and yet extremely peaceful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy R
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team is also very pleased that you liked every aspect of your stay.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back 'home' very soon.
Katonah, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just got back from six great nights at the Stafford, now flawlessly run by the Kempinski group. It has the feel of a private home, with lovely public rooms and fireplaces, and a great bar, the American Bar, dating from the Second World War. The Stafford is in a quiet lane off St. James Street, just a few blocks from Picadilly, Green Park, Jermyn Street and Bond Street shopping, the best restaurants, as well as frequent buses to Knightsbridge and the theater district. We found it easy to get around from there, and it was a wonderful place to return to at the end of the day.
Our room was freshly decorated to the highest standard, with warmly muted tones, great pictures on the walls, and an oh-so-comfortable bed. The large bathroom was all-marble and the water pressure was excellent. Amenities included bottled water with turn-down service.
This is a first-rate place, and perfect for anyone who wants to feel "at home" in London.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe King room, but for those ready to spend a bit more, there are rooms off the mews tha...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelsalot05
Thank you very much for your very complementing review. It is very pleasing to learn how much you have enjoyed your stay and that we are your London home. We put great emphasis on atmosphere and service and it is great that you felt exactly that. Our beds are especially manufactured for the Stafford in the UK which I believe makes them so very comfortable and in all hotels, regardless of category, the one thing is crutial: A good night's sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you back 'home' in the hopefully not too distant future.