“Fantastic Place to Stay in London”

The Stafford London
Ranked #24 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Liverpool
“Fantastic Place to Stay in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Treated beautifully as soon as we arrived. Staff so professional but not stuffy just perfect. Room fab with lovely bed, huge bathroom and great pillows.
American bar downstairs is usually busy but great for pre theatre drinks.
Breakfast was yummy [lenty of choice too. Had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Thank you very much for your so positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. My front of house team do their utmost to provide an attentive yet unobtrusive service and it is fantastic to hear that we have delivered exactly that and made your stay thoroughly enjoyable.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Stafford in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Lovely hotel in the heart of London tucked away in a quiet street, but with easy access to Green Park tube station The public spaces are elegant and extremely well appointed. The staff are polite, corteous and respectful. Bedrooms are comforatble with gorgeous light fluffy quilts and quality linen. Breakfast service is good and the food quality was excellent. I would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Stafford. I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay - the accommodation, the food and beverage offer and the service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Stafford in the hopefully not too distant future!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

The staff are warm, welcoming and incredibly helpful, the common areas are beautiful and very well kept, and our room was fresh and wonderfully appointed. However, the best thing about this hotel is its quite location. Just off of Green Park, the Stafford is walking distance to the Pall Mall, Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus, Hyde Park Corner and all things central London, yet it’s location on a quite back street means the noise and crowds are two blocks away from your doorstep. Also, don’t miss the American Bar (loads of WWII vintage photos and artifacts from “the colonies”) or a tour of the wine cellar (just ask). Everything about our stay was perfect. Our new favorite London hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the Carriage House was lovely
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J0sRad
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Thank you so very much for your fantastic review. I am very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us and I am very proud to read your positive comments about my team as they are what makes The Stafford special. The location, wine cellar and unique décor of course are almost as important.

I am thrilled for The Stafford to be your new favourite hotel in London - we shall look forward to welcoming you back home very soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Great location, fantastic staff, wonderful room. Yes it is on the pricey side but is in central London so what do you expect... One of the best hotels I have used in London and would highly recommend. Look on the deal websites and get good savings as I did geting 5* for £10 more than a premier inn. Even at full price I will be returning. The courtyard is a wonderfull place for a light bite and a glass of the excellent house claret.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank StephenDowning
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay at The Stafford.

I am very glad you have enjoyed your time with us. Especially that my team has made you feel welcome and comfortable which is our number one priority. I am flattered to learn that we have become one of your favourite hotels in London. Also, my Executive Housekeeper who is responsible for the hotel's interior and decoration was very pleased to learn that you found your room to be wonderful.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to your new 'London Home'!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I visited the American Bar before going out to dinner with friends. I hadn't been before but we managed to get a table outside (yes it was sunny) and we were never forgotten about by the waiter. They even served me beer in a crystal glass which was a nice touch.

Great bar, quaint location, very smart - I shall return.

Good place to go before working your way up to the west end.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dcampus
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience in our legendary American Bar. The team and I delighted to read such lovely comments.

We hope to see you again very soon in the American Bar.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

The Stafford is hidden gem off Green Park. The ambience in the American Bar is special. Not cheap but fantastic.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mcknorway
Thank you for your complimentary review. I am very pleased you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and particularly my team from the American Bar was delighted to read your great feedback.

I very much hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back 'home' in the not too distant future.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here for one night with a friend and I cannot not compliment this hotel enough. We were able to check in a bit earlier than usual and the friendliness of the staff as well as the beautiful hotel made our stay an absolute pleasure.
It was minutes away from Picadilly, but wonderfully quiet. I chose the hotel partly on the basis that the description described the staff as friendly, something that is hard to find nowadays and they really were all excellent.
The room was lovely, luxurious, with bathrobe and slippers and fresh coffee whenever we wished. We had a fantastic night's sleep and did not want to leave.
I would certainly stay here every time I go to London if possible.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank LJG201207
, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback, we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back very soon, we will be delighted to make you stay even more enjoyable!