“Great boutique hotel invery convenient position” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Stafford London

The Stafford London
Ranked #22 of 1,089 Hotels in London
australia
“Great boutique hotel invery convenient position”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a small traditional boutique hotel. The hotel is really very good, well maintained and very clean. Lots of staff. Attracts an older clientele. Food good but expensive. Hotel accommodation is also expensive. . Plumbing an ongoing negative issue. The rooms are very well appointed. Great position and location. Close to busy tube station. Concierge alwaysommewhat snobbish.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas period. The room was a little on the small side but adequate. Staff really friendly yet professional. I love that this hotel is a little secret hideaway in central London on a quiet street. The food though is fabulous. They have a new chef, and it's a vast improvement on the previous incumbent. Beautifully presented and top-end quality; I will be returning to dine when not staying in the hotel, for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel itself is nice with polite staff. But the rooms are tiny & overpriced. We had a room on the 6th floor with no view to speak of. The bathroom drains smelled terribly whenever taps were opened. We won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Chanch
StaffordHotel, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Chanch,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback and while we are delighted to hear your positive comments about the staff, we are sorry that you also had some disappointing comments to make. We very much appreciate you being our guest and I am truly concerned to hear about your experience during the visit. Please accept our sincere apologies. Rest assured we have taken your comments on board and I would like to get in touch to discuss this further with you, if you are able to send your contact details to my assistant on sarah.pendrigh@kempinski.com . I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy a guest experience that truly reflects the service we provide.

Sincerely yours,

Christine Hodder
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on business mid-week and found it to be a very good hotel right by St James' Park.

I didn't have too much interaction with the staff but what I did have was very good both at check-in and at breakfast (continental breakfast was fine but the choice wasn't astonishing) where the service was very good.

I also sat in the bar for a while which was pleasant and, again, service is very good although it was pretty pricey and it was very busy and I'm not sure whether the clientele were guests or just well-heeled locals - everyone seemed to be suited and booted.

I was also a little surprised at how many bar tables had 'reserved' signs on them. I didn't know people reserved tables in a hotel bar.

My room was excellent, decent size for a London room and well appointed - nothing I could complain about there.

The only thing that I can't comment on is the price as someone else picked up the tab for me but I suspect it's pricey based on where it is and that might be the only thing that might stop me staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Outstanding location but the intransigence and arrogance of the hotel management ruins it. Mostly obnoxious yanks stay at this hotel. Stay away. Rooms are tiny, food mediocre, service is lousy and way, way over priced

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank azeemer
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Azeemer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate you being our guest and I am truly concerned to hear about your experience during the visit. Please accept our sincere apologies. Rest assured we have taken your comments on board and I would like to get in touch to discuss this further with you, if you are able to send your contact details to my assistant on sarah.pendrigh@kempinski.com . I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy a guest experience that truly reflects the service we provide.

Sincerely yours,

Christine Hodder
Framlingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I can't fault this hotel (well only that they modernised the American bar so it lost its atmosphere. This bar has many memories for me.) I have been coming here for decades and it continues to be pure pleasure. It is small, superbly located, with personal attention from the staff and luxurious rooms (on the small side by international standards). I always have smoked haddock and poached egg for breakfast and this time was better than ever. I got a better room rate this time than the last occasion a couple of years back and for the standard of the hotel it really wasn't expensive. I was cautious about the "Kempinski" name which it has gained since I was last there but I needn't have worried.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rupert T
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for the first time for four nights. We managed to find a price good price, wanted to try a different hotel and the reviews we read we're very positive.
We had a very pleasant and warm welcome, and during our stay the staff was very helpful and kind.
We were offered an upgrade from the kingsize room we reserved to the stable rooms and we were taken to room number 5, Copenhagen. The rooms in the yard were used as stables at the time and were converted into very nice specious hotel rooms. Our room was big and comfortable. It has high quality shampoo and soap etc. The room also has a complimentary mini bar with soft beverages.
We did experienced few issues at the room.
The rooms are in an open courtyard, were cars can access and close to the bar. This can be very noisy sometimes, during early morning (we were very annoyed by that...) and in the evenings.
The second issue was the heating in the room. We were staying at a very nice weather, I'm not sure how the air-condition would be able to keep the room warm when it is cold outside.
The third remark is that the wifi, although free, was poor and sometimes didn't work at all.
These issues aren't appropriate for a five star hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple