“Perfect in every way”

The Stafford London
Ranked #28 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 June 2010

A wonderful British style hotel which offers the highest stardards of service. Having stayed a several hotels, this is my favourite hotel in London. The very helpful concierge and reception staff are superb. Also the restaurant is something you must try, very high quality and the private trip to the wine cellar is priceless! As a regular Kempinski guest, I am happy that I have a home away from home in London.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Davy1985
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with everyone. As a new addition to the Kempinski family it is very pleasing to have positive feedback from a guest used to the Kempinski standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new London 'home' soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2010

4 members of my family stayed for a week at the Stafford and it was truly a wonderful trip. The staff is wonderful. The level of service is fabulous. Here are some details:

We stayed in rooms 415/416 at the end of a hallway. 416 is a two room suite and it can be easily paired with 415 to accomodate 4-6 people vey comfortably. Our room had a very deep bath, seperate shower, refrigerator, and 110V plugs to acocmodate our US devices (like computers, ipods, camera chargers, etc)

The key system is very old fashioned and charming...real keys that you leave at the desk when you go and then claim when you return.

The food at the various places to eat is delicious. We had dinner at the small restaurant, lunch many times at the American Bar (outside dining is great in the nice courtyard and I highly recommend the smoked haddock fish cake, poached egg and hollandaise) and we also had tea in the lounge. My 5 year old son loved the tea! The Wolsey restaurant is withing walking distance as well and a great choice.

The location is just across Green Park form Buckingam Palace, which makes seeing the changing of the guard remarkably easily. It is also within walking distance of the Hard Rock Cafe and only steps from the Green Park Tube Station (only two stops from Knightsbridge and Harrods).

The staff is truly remarkable and the front desk is beyond accomodating. They always had an answer, a cab, a smile, whatever you needed. If you are looking for top tier hotels in London, stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MNTrotter

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this May. 415/416 is indeed a great option for families and is just one of many interconnecting suites that we have. We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2010

I stayed at The Stafford Hotel last autumn. We ended up here because of problems with the electrisity at the hotel we have booked.
And we were not disappointed. In fact, The Stafford Hotel gave me my best hotel experience ever.
The room was fantastic, it felt more like a home than a hotel room. And the staff was all so nice.
In august I will go back to London with my daughter. This will be her first time in London, and I know that the stay at The Stafford Hotel will be something she will never forget. To stay at a hotel as The Stafford Hotel, makes the journey from Norway to London something even more special, and it really complete the feeling of beeing in one of the nicest towns on earth.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cathmo

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that what started out as not such a great stay was redeemed once you visited us. We all look forward to welcoming you 'home' again in August and to meeting your daughter on that trip.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

The hotel sells a sense of place with a refined & traditional decor in the public areas. My room was not very big but very comfortable, including everything a Palace would offer, the intimacy as a bonus. The bathroom was cute but the shower a bit tricky for a bigger frame like mine :-).
Now, I loved my stay. I like to walk to places, sleep in a quiet environment - waking up & knowing where I traveled to while dealing with kind & helpful people. The Stafford sells just that.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank BluMartini
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2010

An excellent hotel. Staff were friendly, approachable and proud of their hotel. The room was of a very high standard, and the breakfast was just fantastic. The "Simply Stafford" package was well worth going for, with champagne in our room on arrival and full english breakfast thrown in.

Overall extremely highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank b14728
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are indeed all very proud of our beautiful Hotel and it is a privilege to host our guests here. The Simply Stafford package is a really great option for weekend stays and my team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

We stayed at the Stafford Hotel which is ideally situated to visit London as it is very centrally located. One minute from Piccadilly and near to Buckingham Palace. Helpfull staff. Clean room with marble bathroom. Breakfast room (also restaurant) is grand and breakfast was very good. As the hotel is sitauated in a cul de sac there is no traffic passing by and at night you could not hear anything. We will certainly return here. Good offers to find via booking.com.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haagknul
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

After full days of business meetings in the Financial District, The Stafford is a true refuge and I instantly relax coming through the entrance. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotels, but I actually sleep better here than at home! Wonderful marbled bathrooms with plenty of towels (great bath products!). The location in terrific and the staff really goes out of their way. I get the feeling that the staff knows me and knows who I am and they always make me feel welcome. The American Bar alone is worth the visit.
In short, you don't feel lost here as I sometimes do at the larger "chain" hotels - it has the feel of a private exclusive club of which I am a member! If you are a shopper, this is a great home base.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Fundguy

I'm so glad to hear that you feel at home at The Stafford as this is the atmosphere we strive for. It is our pleasure getting to know our guests personally so we can make them as welcome and comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon.