“Real british hospitality you really feel...”

The Stafford London
Ranked #28 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Real british hospitality you really feel...”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Real british hospitality you really feel at home and taken care at all times by the staff. The rooms are just fantastic. Internet was free, finally I find a hotel that's inteligent. Food was great especially at the American bar and the English breakfast was perfect real black pudding and great sausage. The location couldn't be better as you are in the middle of everything but with no noice from the city

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Womat2000
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings with others. I am glad to see that you felt at ease in our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you 'home' soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Lancaster
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My wife and I have just returned from a three night stay at the Stafford booked through a Travelzoo deal £159 including full English breakfast and upgraded room. The hotel is a great little find situated behind the Ritz and so convenient to Green Park underground station. There is a shortcut which is only open until 10pm from Green Park to the hotel and it takes less than 5 minutes to the station.
The deal included an upgraded room which was delightful and was furnished with a king size bed, large bathroom with bath and separate shower, Bose radio/CD, Lowe TV, electric blinds/voiles, complementary water and newspapers (on request), slippers, dressing gowns, lots of toiletries etc etc. - little things which make a stay special. The inclusive breakfast was a delight. Great selection of fresh fruit juices, fresh fruit - we received a bowl of strawberries, blueberries, loganberries, raspberries and grapes followed by tasty bacon, sausages, eggs, mushrooms and, if you so desired, black puddings, kidneys, tomatoes etc. This was followed by a selection of pastries and delicious Welsh honey and jams. The breakfast was all waiter service - no queueing for lukewarm bacon and eggs from a bain marie!! One of the delights of our visit was a knock on the door - a member of staff brought us a bowl of fresh strawberries and a small box of excellent chocolates. This really made our stay so enjoyable - apart from In Cuba, we have never had a surprise like that before.
The downside - there are always downsides but nothing which would spoil our stay: there are no tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms - this is something we always appreciate. I did mention this to a member of staff when asked about our stay and was told it had been commented on previously.
I would certainly recommend this hotel especially if you can obtain a good deal. There are cheaper deals around and we do tend to take more breaks as a result of deals but I think you would find it hard to beat this one.
Previous comments regarding staff not being helpful were just not applicable to our stay - ALL the staff were helpful and friendly and not a bit snooty which can be the case in some posher London hotels.

2 Thank pedro3gb
I am delighted to hear that our special offer enticed you to try The Stafford and am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Not my favourite spot to spend the night in London; rather small suites and rooms, rather big bills.

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Guillen
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, 31 August 2010
Thank you for providing us with your comments. The Stafford strives to remain in line with all other five star London properties with regards to pricing and I feel we offer excellent value for money. We differentiate our product by providing personal service in a relaxed yet professional manner. I hope we will have the oppotunity to welcome you back soon.
Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Stayed for one night with my wife and elder daughter. On arrival we were greeted warmly. My daughter initially thought it was a bit twee, not to her usual taste but after a while came round to it. She now raves about it and will not stay anywhere else in London. It is very well located being close to designer shops and yet is very secluded and peaceful at night. The staff were a delight, rooms were very clean and well appointed and breakfast amazing. Its not often, in even five star hotels, that breakast is served to table. The only thing which we felt a little tetchy about was being made to wear a jacket after five o'clock in the bar, but rules are rules no matter how silly. My wife has informed me that this will now be our base anytime we return to London.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Boblav
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Stafford experience and that your daughter is our new ambassador. I look forward to welcoming you 'home' soon.
Presteigne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2010

My husband and I took my 80 year old disabled parents for a very special trip to London and stayed one night in this five star hotel. Even though I rang and emailed the hotel three times before our stay to try to make sure all went well, it was a disaster as soon as we walked in the door. The attitude of the staff was condescending and supercilious.
There was a catalogue of events that made our stay at the Stafford Hotel a nightmare especially for my elderly parents. For them on their very first trip to London ,it was exhausting and disappointing.
If you are thinking of staying at The Stafford just beware that it is not all it's cracked up to be.

• Stayed August 2010
4 Thank Bessiegal
Sorry that you were disappointed in you stay with us. Rest assured this is not mine or my team's intentions and we generally get it right. I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in The Stafford and to welcome you back soon.
West Wales
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Room was rather small and view limited to say the least when one considers it was a 5 star hotel (booked a special offer at a good price through a general site - was this a factor?). Everything else was wonderful - the ambience and the location. Felt spoilt. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Enjoyed the atmosphere in the American bar. Would love to visit again but would need to look for another special deal as it is beyond our usual budget. In a perfect world I'd upgrade and go there at every opportunity.

1 Thank chocbisc
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the ambience and team here at The Stafford. We have 15 different room categories here and as you would expect they are priced mainly according to size and generally our special offers will apply to our smallest categories. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to upgrade to a larger category on your next stay.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2010

What a wonderful place to stay. The staff are attentive & offer just the right level of personal service. This was my 2nd stay at the hotel - both suites we stayed in were individually designed (1 contemporary, & 1 traditional) , spotlessly clean, perfectly maintained, & looked gorgeous. I really appreciated the complimentary access to the Third Place - a fantastic gym & pool in the heart of the West End. The hotel's location is quiet & perfectly positioned for a short walk to Mayfair, Covent Garden, & the Theatres.

1 Thank Amanda186273
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed my team's service and that you appreciated The Third Space. More people should take up this option as it is a really great facility.