“Great Business Hotel”

Ranked #460 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed there this September
Great Value for Money in the center of London - Breakfast included
Room was great and the Staff were very Friendly - Room service was really efficient
Breakfast - The best Hotel breakfast i have had in London

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony L

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this charming hotel in London near Hyde Park. Location is great, staff very friendly and the hotel is really nice. I enjoyed breakfast which was really nice and the hotel has areally good atmosphere.
However, we stayed in a large room which was spacious and comfortable, the problem was that it had a blind window and behind it was the air conditionning system. The noise was really loud and I had the feeling I was sleeping in the plane. Because of this I rated the hotel as average.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 125
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Sudhanshu R, Operations Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your balanced review of Thistle Hyde Park. I am glad the hotel’s staff, service, food, location and atmosphere met your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had due to the noise from the plant room. I am pleased to confirm we are looking into getting more soundproof glazing which should be in place in near future. I look forward to welcome you back soon.
Warm regards

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was the first hotel on our Euro tour. Staff were very friendly and the position is excellent. Metro is 5 minute walk with a bus stop out the front. Hyde Park is opposite with Buckingham Palace a 25 minute walk through the park. Our room was very good and the breakfast was the perfect start to the days touring. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Sudhanshu R, Operations Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback and your positive comments regarding the staff and the indeed unbeatable location of Thistle Hyde Park. I am glad you the room and the breakfast was to your liking. I wish you a wonderful rest of your Euro trip.
Look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Warm regards
Sudhanshu Rathee

Reviewed 1 September 2013

my husband and i have just had a lovely 2 night stay stay in this small hotel. the location spot on. we had a room on the 4th floor small window overlooking the park. only problem at the moment the hotel is covered in scafolding while work is done. this was not a problem for us. our room large clean and comfy. i had booked a standard room at an amazing price and this was a free upgrade. we had breakfast in the price which was lovely the staff very attentive. a credit to this lovely hotel. in june i stopped at the hilton hyde park and this hotel suits our needs much better. i would stop here again .i have tried lots of london hotels and i prefer the smaller ones.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
I am pleased to learn Thistle Hyde Park suited your expectations and preference of the location, size, food, service and price. The scaffolding is only temporary to give this beautiful hotel a little uplift and soon it will be revealed with a much neater appearance. I am glad it did not hamper you enjoying your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. Wish you a belated Happy Birthday.
I look forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Booked to stay for 3 nights with 2 rooms on the top floor between the 4 of us. Rooms were good sizes and very clean. The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and all the staff were extremely friendly and courteous with great customer service - even when they had to open our locked safe. The breakfast room was very bright with a veranda overlooking Hyde Park.
Across the road from the Park and 5 mins from a Central Line Tube station it is perfectly located.
Only tiny issues like the patched up decor and tired paintwork. In room 402 the sink was cracked and hastily repaired, but for all I know it happened the day before I arrived and they had not had time to replace. Finally the door keys seemed very temperamental often needing several attempts to unlock the doors, and needed replacing twice.
All in all a very enjoyable stay which comes highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sudhanshu R, Operations Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Your thorough review of Thistle Hyde Park and appreciation of the team and service is highly valued. I am pleased to confirm we are in the process of replacing the cracked sink in mentioned room number, thanks to your feedback; also the touch of paint shall be done in the same room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you’ve had with the door key being deactivated often. I can assure it’s not a regular issue. One thing which seems to deactivate the key’s magnetic coded strip is if kept with any electronic devices, mobiles, tablets etc. Overall, I am glad to learn you had a very enjoyable stay. I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. The hotel is old but the room is big with 3 big window face to hyde park. Very quiet and comfortable. The underground is around 5 minutes walk distance. The best thing is the internet is free and super fast.There is also city bike near by very convenient for visitor.
We took heathrow express to paddtion station then took taxi to hotel it's just 10 ponds. The hotel restaurant even offer 24 hours service which is good for late night check in. We would love to come back and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking time out to share your feedback. I am pleased to know you found Thistle Hyde Park's location suitable and the room quite and comfortable.
Since last year, Thistle’s London hotels are offering complimentary internet to all its guests and recently this fantastic service has been spread out to most of its 36 hotels in the UK that too at an upgraded speed of up to 100mbps.
I look forward to welcome you and your recommended friends in near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We usually try to stay in apartment when we visit London but, having left booking this time to the last minute, we had no luck and so opted for a hotel. We wanted to stay close to Hyde Park and in the general Notting Hill / Bayswater area and were very glad to have found the Thistle Hyde Park.

We stayed for five nights in July and found the location to be ideal. Close to two tube stations, a bus stop out front and directly across the road from the Park, we couldn't have wanted for better. Our room overlooking the park was very tastefully furnished and most comfortable and, despite being on a busy road, was very quiet.

Breakfasts either in the dining room or on the front veranda were more than adequate, although the service was a little slow on some mornings. The Thistle Hyde Park may not be the cheapest London accommodation option, but that is to be expected given the standard of facilities and the location. All in all this was the ideal place to stay for a short London break.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a street view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clovis_dm
Sudhanshu R, Operations Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I must agree the location of Thistle Hyde Park is unbeatable.
It’s a pleasure to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast service. I shall personally look in to it.
I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards