“I love this bridge!!”

and up
Classic London Bike Tour of Central London
Ranked #353 of 1,767 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can reach South London by crossing this bridge, which offers the most romantic and sweeping views of any of London's bridges.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I frequently use this bridge and I love it!! As I walk over it, I can reflect on life. Watching the boats moving or the boats which are stationary filled with customers having fun.
Watching the changes on the river and looking at the wonderful sights including Big Ben, Westminster Palace ,London Eye, The Shard, Royal Festival Hall, St. Paul's Cathedral , The Embankment and numerous historical Wharfs makes me love London even more. What a brilliant city and the sights are to die for. We should be proud of this historical city.

1  Thank debsmillen66
"both sides"
in 3 reviews
"photo opportunity"

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Set on a slow bend on the river Thames, with the City of Westminster to the West and the City of London to the east Waterloo bridge rightly enjoys its prestigious status as a romantic and spectacular place to view a panorama of London. Take a map to spot the many famous buildings, from the Palace of Westminster to St Pauls Cathedral and many more skyscrapers. And stand and stare at the river, flowing solemnly beneath you in swirls and rivulets as it was the lifeblood of London from prehistory to recent years. No longer a vital artery, the docks have long moved East but the river is cleaner and looks better than it has done for many years. O yes and there's the song by Ray Davies and the boys....

2  Thank alastairrr
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Waterloo Bridge is the most favorite site I'd like to stay-put on whenever I really need to relax and have a think of my life. From the distance one can see Big Ben, London Eye, Royal Festival Hall, The Shard, St. Paul's Cathedral and The City, and other historical and significant buildings. One will be at peace just standing on the middle of the bridge and watch the ferry go by..,feel the wind on your face....Try to sit down on Somerset House Terrace, have some coffee/tea, and just feel the silence and tranquility which I know is impossible for others but not for me. I am so lucky!!!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Fortunately for me I get to walk across this bridge and enjoy the views on my way to and from my office. On a clear morning it is a great start to the day and a reminder of why I live in one of the world's best cities. Come night time the skyline is lit up with Big Ben, London Eye, Vauxhall Tower to one side and St. Paul's, the Shard and the City to the other. There is a plaque in the middle of the crossing giving you information on the landscape so you know what your looking at. You also have the wonderful Somerset House on the north bank where you can skate in the winter and has an outdoor cinema in the summer.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is the best spot to take touristy photos in London. Great views of the Shard / Palace of Westminster (Big Ben) / London Eye / St. Paul's / City of London / etc.
I often bring friends from out-of-town here at night, but sunrise is as (if not more) impressive too - it rises over the city/St. Paul's cathedral!
If coming in winter months or visiting at night, bring a jacket - it can get very windy once out over the water!