The Ritz London
US$188
galahotels.com
US$202
3,950 results
All reviewsrivoli barafternoon teathe palm courtjacket and tiedinner dancesandwiches and cakesgreen parkbirthday treatbottle of champagnejunior suiteturn down servicebeautiful roombuckingham palacedoormanluxuryconciergeclaridges
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My Birthday Surprise a weekend at the Ritz London in a junior suite Walking in is a ambience of luxury and all things nice. Grand chandeliers to staff waiting on you with a nod of your head. Lovely luxury colours in the room with hues of golden silk and beiges glistening the walls.

Spa amazing massages were amazing and lovely atmosphere. All very clean as one expects and service impeccable. Champagne, chocolates and strawberries waiting on arrival with message reading happy birthday and my name (arranged beforehand) and a cake from the hotel with a lit candle reading same message. Best Birthday weekend...well equally as good as venice last year!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Angelic999
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and I hope you will return on another occasion. SB

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed here for a night en route to Italy. I have to say it was extremely enjoyable. We had a suite which was enormous, with large bedroom, large living room, large bathroom, and our own front door and large hallway. The bathrobes were nice and fluffy. In fact it was so large, when the waiter came with the trolley for dinner in our suite, we could not hear him knocking at the front door. It was that far away from the living room. The food was fantastic and the breakfast in our room was also very good. My only complaint would be that the ink of the free paper which was delivered to our suite in the morning stained my trouser suit. If the paper had been ironed, this would not have happened.

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms are obviously better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D H

Your kind feedback is much appreciated. I have taken note of your comment regarding the ink of the newspaper rubbing off onto your clothing and hope that you will mention this next time you check in so that it will not happen again. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. SB

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I see that most reviews for The Ritz are glowing with five stars. We were given a night by a colleague as a treat during December. The hotel was decked out like a fairy story, a fantasy delight for Christmas. Our room was wonderful, opulent and comfortable. Alas, our dining experiences were not so good. A club sandwich of salt beef was packed with meat but it was too chewy and heavy going. The Rivoli bar has plenty of 1920s atmosphere although the carpet looks worn. My mint julep cocktail was heavy with ice and rather insipid I thought. Our evening meal in the dining room was much anticipated and the room looked gorgeous with two big glittering Christmas trees glimpsed on the terrace. We chose from the £50 three course menu. My partridge was (once again) less than tender, although my companion’s halibut was light and lovely. The dishes are nouvelle cuisine sizes apart from desert. The chestnut soufflé was delicious. I ordered a glass of house red but it was not pleasant, I caught sight of the waiter taking a swig from a glass before bringing the bottle to me: I assumed to see if it was suitable to serve - it was not a five star gesture to be honest. The petit fours were scrumptious but we weren’t asked if we wanted coffee and had to attract the attention of a rather indifferent waiter to request it. We had a good night’s sleep in our luxurious room enjoying a lie-in. Breakfast is served until 11am. We arrived at around 10am and were asked to sit outside while a table was prepared. They clearly then forgot about us since we sat there until 10.30. Finally inside the dining room there were only a handful of guests remaining. The buffet bar looked rather tired so I ordered a cooked breakfast at £35 assuming that it would be prepared fresh. The eggs clearly were fresh but the bacon and sausage had obviously been hanging around for some time. The bacon was like leather and the sausage was tough and dry. I didn’t complain at the time since our colleague, a Ritz devotee, was footing much of the bill and it seemed ungracious to do so. All in all, our stay was memorable but I would think twice about eating here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacquiamee

Thank you for your balanced, if not disappointing, comments regarding your experience of the Restaurant. I am grateful to you for pointing out what was done well and for your fairness when pointing out what was not to your satisfaction. I hope you will return another time and allow us to change your mind about the overall quality of the food served by the kitchen. I would be obliged if you would advise me in advance of your next visit. SB

Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

We went here last Saturday for our friends 40th birthday. You definitely need to book 12 weeks in advance.
The Ritz hotel itself is beautiful with old English decor. You certainly felt you went back in time she is so elegant.
We were shown to our table for our two hour slot for us this was 5.30-7.30pm. Service was extremely prompt and in some ways slightly rushed. We had literally only just sat down when the waiter asked what tea we would like to drink! At this stage none of us had even looked at the menu.
The food for our afternoon tea we could not fault. The staff replenished all sandwiches and pastries regularly. You certainly do not need to have lunch prior to arriving. We had requested no big sandwiches and instead we had hommous.
It was extremely busy and rather noisy.
We did have a harpist that played wonderfully.
It was a truly lovely experience and we are glad we went.
On the negative side. We were never asked if we required our tea to be replenished.
We felt that although the two hour slot was sufficient the staff did start to rush you a little. Once our sandwiches had been taken away our bill was immediately brought to us placed on the table and within five minutes the staff were back to collect it. We still had 45 minutes of our 2 hour slot left.
All in all it was a lovely afternoon

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Tricia P
Reviewed 9 January 2013

On planning our girlie weekend away just before Christmas, we decided that afternoon tea at the Ritz would be a shear indulgence that we had to experience. Although we were booked in for 7.30 on a Saturday evening it didn't matter. What an experience it was, to sum it up in one word "AMAZING".Right from stepping through the doors of this hotel to leaving, we were surrounded by such oppulence and grandure that it brought tears to not only my eyes but those of the other 5 girlies, there was a large christmas tree just at the entrance that must have been 80ft tall, all lit up. We were shown to the tearoom which again was full of grandure and our table, which was set up as you would expect for afternoon tea was exquisite. The staff were all dressed in their livelry which cant have changed much from days gone by, very very
friendly and courteous and attentive at all times. The champagne that we had was lovely and as for the cakes, scones, cotted cream and jam,mince pies and sandwiches, ooh what a delight, I have never tasted anything like it, the waiter also came round with more sandwiches if you required them and also a cake trolly . With it being christmas the pianist played christmas carols and to top it all off a group of singers also sang carols. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to try the Ritz for 'afternoon tea' go for it if only just for the experience. To pardon the pun it rounded our trip to London off as the cherry on the cake.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends