The Ritz London
US$262
US$191
Priceline
3,950 results
All reviewsrivoli barafternoon teathe palm courtjacket and tiedinner dancesandwiches and cakesgreen parkbirthday treatbottle of champagnejunior suiteturn down servicebeautiful roombuckingham palacedoormanluxuryconciergeclaridges
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I must write to tell you of our wonderful two night stay. I took my daughter for her 17 Birthday she was amazed and loved the ambiance of the place. The reception staff were welcoming and wished my daughter a happy birthday on our arrival. We were given a short tour of the Hotel and then shown to our room having been given an upgrade. It was amazing. We left and spent the afternoon at Harrods and upon our return to our room there was a Birthday cake and little top hat with sweets laid out on a tray with a hand written card with birthday wishes on. How lovely. We then went to a show in the evening returning around 11.p.m. Rang room service for hot chocolate it arrived within ten minutes with a smile, the hot chocolate was lovely. Next morning we had breakfast in the dining room. We were shown to our table, napkin swiftly laid across our knees and with a smile our order was taken. When the tea arrived it was poured for us, and as soon as our cups were empty refills were given and always with a smile.
We had plenty of hot water in our room. The beds were very comfortable, loved the old fashioned key for our room door and could leave it with the concierge when we went out, no worry about losing it. Retuned around 5.p.m. on Wednesday and the head concierge asked my daughter if she would like a half hour ride in the Ritz Rolls. (what a question). She sat in the Rolls looking like a queen and waving to everyone. To Winston our chauffeur THANK YOU. Afterwards had afternoon Tea at 7.30.p.m. Good time to have this as we were so busy during the day. The waiters made us feel very special, Absolutely stunning food, sandwiches, cakes to die for and the scones arrived warm and just melted in the mouth. The waiter took a photograph of us at the table, we took one of him. Had the same waiter right through. We asked if we could have the afternoon menu as a keep sake. Of course was the reply. They must of had a busy day but you would not of known. The pianist was lovely as the music played in the back ground. My daughter thought she was in heaven. Afterwards went to the Rivoli Bar for non alcoholic cocktail and a coffee for me the waiter took us back to sit in the long hall and brought our drinks to us such a nice end to the day. NOTHING was too much trouble. Had breakfast on our final morning. The breakfast at all times was of course excellent. I know the Ritz has relaxed dress rule for breakfast which I think is a good idea. BUT, to the gentleman who sat with his baseball cap on and refused to remove it I assume wanted to make a point. Silly man. Even my daughter thought him so rude.
To Benjamin, Assistant Manager I would like to say a huge Thank You. And to all the staff including the concierge gentleman for making our stay so special Thank You.
The only slight blip in our stay was just before we left waiting in the foyer to take a photo of the concierge reception area a rather overzealous member of staff who jumped on me telling me I could not take photographs inside the Ritz. Please don't be so mean. Photographs are the most important part of any special holiday. My daughter has been back to college and has done a short thesis of her stay using the photographs. This was a birthday treat but also part of her education on travel. Many of her peers will probably never have the opportunity of visiting the Ritz and loved all the photographs taken. So please don't stop guest from taking them.
TO ALL AT THE RITZ A VERY BIG THANK YOU GIVING US VERY SPECIAL MEMORIES WHICH WILL STAY WITH US FOR EVER.

Room Tip: Had the third floor which was fine. Was not disturbed at anytime.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Such a comprehensive review! And what a lovely treat you have been able to bestow upon your daughter - a time, I hope she will never forget. I completely appreciate all your kind comments and in response to the negative view on the reaction to the photography, I can only defend the action of the employee who questioned you, as that is part of the role - our security measures are there for your safety! Nonetheless, I do lament that this caused you discomfort but am heartened by your glowing feedback! I hope you will return and have a similarly wonderful stay. SB

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I booked this for my husbands 30th Birthday and it was everything I hoped it to be and more.
The cocktails were expensive in the Rivoli bar but it was expected.. i had a champagne Ritz 100 £20 and my husband a beer £9.50.. a glass of wine was £14.

The waiter took out drinsk tot he restaurant where we had our 3 coarse meal... it was lovely the service amazing and we had a great time.

Icing on the cake was the pianist who seemed to be happy that we appreciated and noticed him.. our reward? he played classiscs that we liked and even acccepted a special request via the butler :-)

So glad we went was worth the money... just wish I could afford to go more often

Room Tip: Im veggie and arranged ahead.. they brought out a special menu for me :-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karen1980
Reviewed 22 May 2013

After a trip to the threatre, we were hunting for a location to have a couple of pre-dinner cocktails; and right before our eyes the Ritz.

The doorman welcomed us, and pointed out the Rivoli Bar. All the bar staff were very friendly and welcoming. The cocktail menu had some interesting mixtures. Dazzling Gem and Duchess of Cambridge were superb.

The venue is Art Deco inspired, with gentle piano and harp notes floating through the air.

Go on, try some decadence!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I am amazed that once again there are bad reviews for the Ritz based on my experience. It would appear that there will always be a hard core of Trip Advisor reviewers who get a kick (or more likely are seeking a price reduction) out of complaining. It was my wife's 60th birthday and I had arranged to have tea at the Ritz. What she did not know was that I had booked in for the night as well. She was anticipating staying in an ordinary hotel in London so was bemused when we pulled up outside The Ritz with luggage being unpacked. The doorman asked if I was Mr Craske (which I am!) this was a pretty impressive start as it was an inspired guess on his part based on the list of booked in guests. The reception staff were very helpful and we received an upgrade to a stunning junior suite. The hall porter Louis brought. Our bags up and was exceptionally helpful. By this time I was in my wife's seriously good books!

The next morning breakfast was a delight. Brilliant service,lovely breakfast....great in fact

OK it was not exactly cheap but worth every penny for the experience. So to the managers who have to write somewhat grovelling responses to the moaners....take my advice and tell them to get royally stuffed

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ernestc C
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Excellent. I am very happy to read of your enjoyable stay and it seems that we have two happy customers who had a wonderful experience. I can understand why your wife was so delighted, as can I understand why you single out Louis for special mention. He has worked at The Ritz for several decades (does not look old enough?!), and is a consistent source of delight for many regular guests. Thank you for your very kind feedback and I hope you will return again in the future. SB

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Checking in got us off to a bad impression with reception staff interupting each other and seemed more interested in
checking in someone staying in a suite!! We had the Breakfast and Dinner package. You needed to have eaten before
going to Dinner as the portions were so small.
Our room wash basin did not have hot water and the shower over the bath was very difficult to get in and out off.
They phone your room on check out time (probably to make sure you are packed and ready to leave) said the porter
would be up to collect our luggage which never happened. After waiting some time we took them downstairs ourselves
and put the bags in storage. On our return the luggage could not be found. very annoying as we had a train to catch.
The two "key men" were very pompous and full of their own importance but the porter getting cabs outside was a
delightful man. All in all rather disappointing and certainly not we expected from The Ritz Hotel. Bed seemed very old
and worn you fell into the middle.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank katrinawehipeihana

I am most disappointed to read that your experience at The Ritz was not as it should have been. I would like to explore this further and remedy the situation to your satisfaction. I would be most grateful if you would email execoffice@theritzlondon.com at your convenience. My apologies that your were left feeling less than delighted. SB