“How disappointed you may be as I was,....!”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #29 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Ritz is a brand name known internationally and this was my expectation when I reserved a two nights stay in this ultra luxury prestigious hotel in London. How shocking that experience was and how unexpected this could be for you or any other traveller who pays the price and does not get what is promised!! More precisely, I speak about not only their small and unappealing rooms on the 6th floor but the out of fashion and below ordinary bathrooms which are good only for a sub standard hotels. the broken toilet bowl, the dis-functioning faucets both in the sink and the bathtub, small and unappealing cabinet split in the bottom and dirty looking ceramics on the floor which cries for help!!! Well, I tried to speak to the Manager who seemingly was unaware of this state of disaster and his answer was "we will make sure that in the next renovation this room will get priority"!!! Hay,...this must at least be good for some of you in the next 10 years!!!

4  Thank Mehri13
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

It would appear that The Ritz is not to your taste and the traditional decoration does not appeal to you. I am sorry this is the case and hope you will find more suitable accommodation on your next visit to London. SB

Reviewed 10 February 2014

When I arrived this hotel, a young woman receptionist was supercilious, spoke very fast with a purpose. Although I gave her enough tip by courtesy, but she just only interested in spend more money by me. During 4 nights stay, All door man & staff did not recognize or say hello to us, even if we say hello. unfortunately, they did not welcome us... The bason was obstructed, and heater could make only cold wind in my room. Foods variety of breakfast was really poor, similar to 1~2 star rating hotel. But they are too proud of themselves!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
37  Thank MD_Kwon
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

It would seem that your experience fell far short of the service we aim to provide and I am very sorry about that. Please do let me know if you plan to return to London in order that we might redeem ourselves. SB

Reviewed 9 February 2014

OMG! We loved everything about our short stay at the Ritz. From check in to check out we were treated like VIPs. The birthday cake was brought to our breakfast table and it was so delicious. The room, the bars everything was awesome. Thanks Cindy for the warm welcome. We hope to be back soon. JB and Andre.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

This is lovely. I too hope you will return and thank you for your kind words. SB

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Ritz for the weekend. We stayed in a King Room, which had the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. We also dined and danced on Saturday night which was amazing. The food was absolutely fabulous ( far, far better than at Maze, where we ate the night before) the dancing was fun and the professional dancers were a delight to watch.

Going to The Ritz is like stepping back in time to a more gentle era, it's all beautiful. But what really makes it so special and the reason we wouldn't hesitate to go back, is the wonderful team of staff who are The Ritz. They worked so hard, were so kind and never failed to smile.
We loved it and will be back.

3  Thank Nonna2011

If you have read any of my previous responses, you will see that nothing gives me more pleasure than learning how happy our guests have been with the service from the hard working staff. I cannot thank you enough for spotting the effort that they put in to making each guest feel special. SB

Reviewed 9 February 2014

There are any number of 5* hotels around but The Ritz just oozes quiet efficency and levels of faultless and understated service that makes it so much better than many others. On a wet and miserable wet afternoon, I must have waited a whole 30 seconds before receiving a welcoming smile and an apology for having been kept waiting (in contrast to twiddling my thumbs for 10 minutes or so in a similarly 5*, but more trendy establishment within the square mile).
The room was spacious with a good size bathroom, 'proper' towels (and enough of them for even my requirements) with quality toiletries. Naturally all the usual little extras were there but just that much better. Our top floor room overlooked Green Park and a number of some of the more iconic landmarks of London's skyline; Big Ben, Battersea Power Station, the London Eye.
The public areas cannot be faulted and I defy anyone not to have a glass of champagne or a cocktail before heading out for dinner.
The cost of a room is somewhat higher than I would usually pay when booking an overnght stay after a dinner in London but I have been converted by the excellence of the Ritz and will most definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

It is wonderful that you are now a convert to the services we offer and we look forward to your return. Thank you for taking the time to send in this feedback. SB

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband arranged for an overnight stay on Saturday 8th February for my birthday. From the moment we arrived when we were advised that our room had been upgraded, to the minute we left it was everything I hoped for and more. Staying at the Ritz isn't just a stay, it's an experience. Despite it's opulence, attention to detail and warm and friendly service is clearly the theme that runs throughout and is well evidenced by all staff. No way is this a hotel living off it's reputation. It works hard to maintain its reputation and exceeded my expectations which were already high when we arrived. Even the noise of flag outside our room being swept about vigorously by high winds didn't deter from an excellent nights sleep. The sirens of emergency service vehicles did wake me a couple of times but the Hotel can't be held responsible for that. We thoroughly enjoyed dinner in the evening in the restaurant thanks to some wonderful entertainment from the band and the Ritz dancers and exceptional service from David - Thank You. I could go on but suffice to say that having originally thought that this would be a one off experience we both agree we would return again and hope to do so soon.

2  Thank Julia360
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

It is heart-warming to read that your 'one off' is now intended to be a repeat! I am so pleased that we were able to make your stay a memorable one and am particularly pleased that you have noted the attention to detail in the service. Thank you for your kind words. SB

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have stayed at The Ritz before and for various reasons I did not love it the last time, but WOW, I take it back. We stayed four nights at The Ritz and it was perfect, perfect, perfect. The room was absolutely beautiful with a lovely entry area and nice bathroom with separate shower. We ended up eating dinner in the room on two nights and the food was wonderful. Breakfast in the dining room is, of course, one of the best things about staying at The Ritz and the most civilized way to start a day that one can imagine. It is beautiful and the service is perfect. It felt more charming and less stuffing than on our last visit. And the doormen ... how DO they remember each guest's name? It is a very welcoming gesture and much appreciated. There are a lot of wonderful hotels in London, but with the location, service and elegance of The Ritz, why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: I would DEFINITELY spring for an Exec King or a Junior Suite to ensure that a couple has plenty of r...