“Ritz london”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #37 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My daughter son and his wife and my mum purchased my husband and I an evening meal at the Ritz plus an over night stay.
The whole experience was just fabulous we were up graded to a superior deluxe room at no extra charge the staff are so helpful and lots of them who see to your every need,
Anyone not enjoying their stay I am amazed .

Our evening meal was a set menu but we were able to choose off the a la carte , we had cocktails in the bar before our meals and this was also a new experience to watch the bar man prepare the cocktails .

I have visited a lot of very good hotels over the years but I have to say this will be one in my memory.

Thank you to my lovely children and my lovely mother who also put in the kitty

1  Thank Linda C
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

It would seem that you have a lovely family and they have very good taste! It is as it should be that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am sure very rewarding for those who contributed to this treat that it lived up to expectations. Thank you for the kind feedback. SB

There are newer reviews for The Ritz London

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Pure Perfection.. One of the most delicate, tranquil, flamboyant, unique, magnificent, luxurious places I have ever been.. It is a must see.. I was there with my friends for drinks in the bar and enjoyed every minute of it..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank _Baya_1986
Reviewed 25 February 2014

It is interesting how some people appear to get poor treatment and as a result give poor reviews. Why is this, is it may be the individuals have unrealistic expectations or is it that the place they are reviewing decide to pick on them? Anyway, based on my limited experience of The Ritz, I cannot see how anyone could give anything other than a 5 star review. Okay, it costs a fortune but you know that from the start and that's part of what makes it so special.

My experience started with the doorman addressing me by name even though we hadn't checked in. He took our luggage and a second person escorted us to the reception where we had been upgraded from our booked King room to a suite. What a start! We had room 106 which is in the corner of the building just over the reception area. The room furniture was not at all tatty but was exactly what one would expect from the hotel, clean, opulent and without a scratch in sight. The staff who showed us the room did not hang around for a tip, quickly leaving and allowing us to settle in.

We had booked lunch on the first day and visited the main restaurant. The staff were excellent, happy to describe the menu choices and make recommendations. We selected the 3 course lunch at £49 which was excellent value.

Our only other visit to the restaurant was for breakfast each day. We had selected an inclusive tariff which gives a saving on the regular full English price of £36. Food quality was as expected and again the staff were brilliant.

So, don't be put off by any bad reviews. A stay at The Ritz is something that should be on everyone's bucket list. We will remember ours with pleasure and hope to one day be able to stay again.

3  Thank NoLeakHere

Perfection is our aim, and I am thrilled that we achieved it with you. Thank you very much for you kind appreciation of the huge teamwork involved in making every guest feel valued and welcome. SB

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed in a twin deluxe with friend I hadn't seen for years. The room was magnificent, the service was amazing and we had a high tea that was beautiful. The staff couldn't do enough. The only disappointment was breakfast where it wasn't at all clear how it worked, the buffet was tiny and I ended up having croissant with coffee and given a night cost 770gbp I was disappointed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

I am so sorry you did not receive the full breakfast offering and can understand your disappointment. I would like to think that a member of staff would have offered you something cooked and will encourage the Restaurant team to attend to this. I hope you will return to The Ritz for another visit. SB

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We have just checked out from 3 nights in a deluxe suite. The accommodation was beautifully appointed overlooking Green Park, suite 518. This is our third stay and the experience was excellent as usual. A super welcome with fruit, champagne and a birthday card for me.
The bed was wonderfully comfortable.

Only slight issue was struggling to isolate a shower head, couldn't work that out.

Entry into Ritz Club is always a bonus with its opulent surroundings. The classy Rivoli Bar is also a "must".

We nearly decided to try somewhere else , but I am really happy we stuck with the Ritz. The people are excellent and genuinely want to look after you. I am just not convinced we could be happier anywhere else in London.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank holidaygal2014

Very nice comments - thank you. Next time you stay, please call housekeeping who will help you with the shower head! We hope to welcome you again soon. SB

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The dining room is one of the most beautiful in "The World"! The staff is likewise very special and if you only have time for one special meal in London, do the "Memorable", and dine at the Ritz. The evening music as you dine is superb. Ian Gnomes is a "Consummate" pianist and he makes you feel as if "You are dining on a cloud"!

Make reservations early, and enjoy one of the finest meals you will ever have.

Pricing? expect around 75 Pounds PP, but that is still a "Bargain" for the specialness of the experience!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I bought my husband a Christmas voucher for The Ritz which we used on cocktails in the Rivoli bar one Saturday evening in February.

Staff were charming and very welcoming, despite being very busy as the restaurant and bar area were full. Drinks were fabulous and it was fun sat directly at the bar, watching cocktails being made – the staff are real artists! Definitely recommended, enjoy!

Room Tip: Drinks Only, no stay over