“Anniversary stay at The Ritz London”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #35 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Wemyss Bay
“Anniversary stay at The Ritz London”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Can honestly say this hotel is the best we have ever stayed at. We booked a 2 night weekend break for our wedding anniversary & from the moment of arrival & greeting from the doorman we had the very best of service, courtesy & care. Our room wasn't quite ready as our flight from Glasgow was slightly early, but the Hotel manager Mr Sal Gowili happened to hear this and asked if we would meanwhile like a personal orientation tour of the hotel which we were very happy to take up & he explained it's history & background & generally made us feel very very welcome. This service continued throughout our stay - we booked High Tea for early Saturday evening at The Palm Court and again this did not disappoint - it was a fine experience & one The Ritz should be very proud of. Our room was large & faced Picadilly (executive King I think) we had everything for our comfort & felt definitely that we were in a luxurious hotel. We had cocktails In The Rivolli Bar Saturday early evening & again the service was absolutely fantastic. as was breakfast service both mornings in The Ritz Restaurant - the most magnificent restaurant I'm sure I've ever be in. Overall this hotel is very worthy of it's reputation - we could not fault it in any way and were treated like royalty throughout our entire stay. A big 'thank you' to all concerned for making our stay such a memorable one, and we will most definitely be back hopefully in the not too distant future

Room Tip: Even though our room faced busy Picadilly it was not noisy & we slept well at night. Air condit...
1 Thank WemyssBayKath
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for the lovely appraisal of your stay and I hope you will come again soon. SB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed at the Ritz for 3 nights in single room (King Room). Main rooms all beautiful as expected, plenty of staff waiting to help. Atmosphere refined. Rivoli bar has intimate areas to allow quiet talking with companions. Breakfast food and service was tip top.

Room was even larger than expected, very smart with champagne, fruit and chocolates and a lovely rose and other plants provided. All room conveniences provided although I did not find an ironing board or iron.

Efficient booking in and payment service, with no waiting

On the downside, room was not quite ready on time. Several bathroom floor tiles were cracked, and the grouting had turned brown. The grouting on the wall tiles was poorly finished around the toilet area. The toilet seat did not fit the bowl properly. The only shower was in the bath and the water temperature changed significantly while I was under it (pretty annoying). The TV battery for the remote control did not work (I would have thought the Ritz would have a check list before guests arrive). Battery was changed quickly though.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a separate shower if you want one
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments, both positive and negative. I am of course disappointed to read that there were maintenance issues, and if you would care to contact me or our Reservations department to let us know what room you stayed, I will personally ensure that the points you raise are attended to. As you have probably read before, the hotel is in a constant cycle of renovation and repair and I am sorry that your room was not up to our usual high standards. SB
Cardiff UK
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel which looks fantastic and does what it does very well, staff helpful and friendly. Completely lives up to its name. Rivoli bar excellent. The Club underneath, which you can use as a guest, is a very interesting find, membership is free to residents. Dining is available all hours in the club, and the food in the Rivoli bar is very good too. Very good choice of champagnes. I don't think the Ritz can easily be bettered, maybe because it really is in a class of its own, other hotels don't do things this way anymore, they have all fallen prey to modernization and, ok, they often do it very well, but the Ritz feels like it has never changed and you somehow feel transported back to a golden age.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
You are indeed correct, we are a traditional hotel with no pretentions to modernise - there are hotels which can do that much more effectively. I am grateful for your comments and of course delighted that our old world charm still works its magic. SB
Cumbria
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at the Ritz on 22nd February for my partners birthday. We booked the dining package which was tremendous value. On arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite. As we were being shown the suite a birthday cake arrived for my partner - what a wonderful gesture. The room was fabulously spacious and as you'd expect spotlessly clean.

We enjoyed champagne and cocktails in the bar before dinner and as always the service was excellent. Dinner was served in the Ritz Restaurant which was amazing! From the bread through to the chocolate soufflé everything was faultless and delicious. The singer and the band were excellent too - just right for the setting and wonderful background music. The dancers in the interval were incredible. The memories of that evening will stay with me for ever.

The following morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the restaurant with more delicious food and wonderful service. Again everything was perfect!

If you are looking for lovely surroundings, great food, nice wines and the best customer service in the world - then the Ritz is the place for you. I can highly recommend it. It was a special treat for us and we are already planning our next visit - hopefully in December so we can enjoy the Christmas Decorations. There is only one word to describe the Ritz ....perfection!

Room Tip: All the rooms are magnificent!
2 Thank lCumbrialor
Perfection is our aim, and I am delighted that we scored high with you. I hope that you will return again in December, in fact, we have agreed this week that the Christmas decorations will go up on 21st November this year - and I have no doubt they will be spectacular. The Ritz is magical at Christmas time and I hope you will experience it for yourselves. SB
Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I took my friend as a surprise for her 50th birthday! The Ritz made it very special. We had champagne in our room on arrival. They brought a cake with a candle and matches to our room! We called reception and porters for a couple of things and received excellent prompt service. Staff were extremely courteous and helpful at all times. We had afternoon tea which was beautiful. We sat and people watched and loved every minute of it. We were very sorry to leave. Pure opulence!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank WARBENN
And what a lovely friend you must be! Such a very kind gift to give and it is most heartening to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for choosing The Ritz, I hope you will return another time. SB
Cheshire
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My daughter son and his wife and my mum purchased my husband and I an evening meal at the Ritz plus an over night stay.
The whole experience was just fabulous we were up graded to a superior deluxe room at no extra charge the staff are so helpful and lots of them who see to your every need,
Anyone not enjoying their stay I am amazed .

Our evening meal was a set menu but we were able to choose off the a la carte , we had cocktails in the bar before our meals and this was also a new experience to watch the bar man prepare the cocktails .

I have visited a lot of very good hotels over the years but I have to say this will be one in my memory.

Thank you to my lovely children and my lovely mother who also put in the kitty

1 Thank Linda C
It would seem that you have a lovely family and they have very good taste! It is as it should be that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am sure very rewarding for those who contributed to this treat that it lived up to expectations. Thank you for the kind feedback. SB
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Pure Perfection.. One of the most delicate, tranquil, flamboyant, unique, magnificent, luxurious places I have ever been.. It is a must see.. I was there with my friends for drinks in the bar and enjoyed every minute of it..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends