4,143 results
All reviewsrivoli barafternoon teathe palm courtjacket and tiesandwiches and cakesgreen parkbirthday treatbottle of champagnejunior suiteturn down servicebeautiful roombuckingham palacedoormanluxuryconciergeclaridgespiccadilly
Reviewed 13 July 2014

What more can we say.

Possibly the best hotel stay we have ever had and we have been lucky enough to stay in some top hotels throughout the world.

We booked the hotel for our wedding anniversary. The Ritz kindly upgraded us to the next room size, gave us two days continental breakfast free of charge and also provided my wife with a spa toiletry gift pack. I also ordered a surprise bottle of champagne on arrival. The next day another (different make but still great) was kindly provided compliments of the hotel.

The service, food and standard of the rooms was impeccable. We also felt welcome and never out of place.

I dont think we will stay at any other hotel in London again. Simply the best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dave151076
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

It is very rewarding to read your feedback and I am grateful to you for sharing your experience. I very much hope that your enchantment with The Ritz will continue for many years to come. We do like to go all out on special occasions! Thank you. SB

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I am privileged to have stayed here twice now. The first time as a surprise for my 38th birthday and our three children stayed too in an inter connecting room. It was perfect and beyond amazing. We had 'afternoon tea' which was the late sitting and staff were attentive and we sat in full view of the talented pianist who entertained us all evening. The staff asked if it was a special occasion and in the morning after breakfast they presented me with a small, yet elegant birthday cake. It was overwhelming and totally beautiful. The second time was just my husband and I on our 10th wedding anniversary. It was a few days before Christmas and again the staff were attentive and polite and couldn't do enough for us. We had the most exquisite suite which was upgraded as we had to wait a little while for our room to be ready. We weren't upset as we were provided with tea and the best cake I've ever eaten!! Overall The Ritz really hits the high spots. I feel lucky to have stayed here and the whole experience was dazzling and elegant and sophisticated.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Verity L

This is exactly as it should be! Something special to remember and if possible, repeat! Thank you for your kind words. SB

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I had a voucher as a gift for afternoon tea at the Ritz.

Upon arrival we were greeted at the door politely, and the imposing lobby was amazing. We were directed through to the waiting area, where we were shown to our table immediately. The ambience was enhanced by the playing of a piano softly in the lobby.

We were offered a menu and asked to choose from an array of teas from around the world, unfortunately, our initial "grumpy" waiter had very bad body odour which was off putting.

Another polite, fragrant waiter appeared and took our tea order, a plate of beautifully cut fresh sandwiches and some cakes were then placed on the table including smoked salmon, egg and cress, cheddar cheese and pickle - the sandwiches were replaced as often as required by the waiters. The tea was also replenished without asking throughout are afternoon tea. Unfortunately, my wife's teapot handle was too hot to pick up, and a fresh one which wasn't as hot was brought promptly. Little touches were absent - the tea label on the teapot was hand scribbled "English"

The next course of scones, two plain and two fruit scones were then placed on the table. The scones were "synthetic" dry and were not the calibre that one would expect of an establishment such as the Ritz. The waiter then took of the lids from the pots containing jam and clotted cream without saying one word. The cakes were fresh though the selection was poor and again not the quite what you would expect from the Ritz.

As mentioned by other reviewers, cakes are not allowed to be taken home in a box as we were told " they had been out longer than an hour".

To conclude, I felt that the experience did not live up to my expectations of afternoon tea at a premier establishment as the Ritz.

I have been fortunate enough to recently have afternoon tea at Claridge's which was a much better experience and I would recommend as an alternative.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank swrightnurse
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Myself and 2 friends had booked the famous afternoon tea in advance for a birthday celebration. On arrival we were politely directed through to the dining area and were able to take a few photos of the fabulous surroundings prior to our table being ready. The waiting staff were courteous and polite and we were first presented with a menu detailing approx 15 different teas and an overview of the sandwiches which would be served. However we didnt really get past the tea menu before having to place our tea order (...English tea of course !). Sandwiches and small but rich cakes came first - and then were replaced with a further supply ! Then came the warm fruit scones with jam and clotted cream and just when we were already feeling particularly full came a trolley with sticky toffee ( with a caramel cream topping) and lemon drizzle cake. Unfortunately you are unable to take uneaten cakes with you so there was nothing for it but to indulge. A fabulous experience all round. Ladies do not miss a trip to the powder room !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here last Friday for my 21st and it was wonderful! I got upgraded from a Junior Suite to a Deluxe Suite and it was just wow, I can't even describe it! They also sent up a birthday cake for me and the staff were all so nice! I usually feel out of place in such grand places, but the staff were so welcoming and lovely :) I have never stayed anywhere as beautiful and magical, it was like a dream! Thankyou so much for making my 21st so memorable for all the right reasons!

Room Tip: Get the best room that you can afford!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma J

What a lucky girl you are to have been given such a lovely treat for your birthday. Congratulations! It is our pleasure to have been chosen as the venue for your celebrations and it goes without saying how delightful it is that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thank you. SB