4,143 results
All reviewsrivoli barafternoon teathe palm courtjacket and tiesandwiches and cakesgreen parkbirthday treatbottle of champagnejunior suiteturn down servicebeautiful roombuckingham palacedoormanluxuryconciergeclaridgespiccadilly
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ritz as part of a double birthday celebration. Our rooms were lovely. We had suites which were beautiful and a great size. Bathrooms though are very dated and shower particularly small. Service on checking in was great and the hotel had made us mini birthday cakes as a surprise which was really special. However service in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast was poor. Food was mediocre with various items served cold due to lengthy waits. It was a great experience to stay and the public rooms were very grand but there are far better places to stay for a deluxe night in the capital.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Sara W
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

What a great pity that you were underwhelmed by the food and beverage side of the hotel, as I so often receive rave reviews for the kitchen. I hope you might have the occasion to give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. SB

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We (myself, husband and 13 year old daughter) had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz in late June - for one night prior on our trip on the Orient Express to Venice. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived which wasn't a problem as we had booked high tea in the Palm Court (just wonderful). Imagine our surprise when we were told that we had been upgraded to the Berkley Suite!!! Top floor, the most amazing two bedroom, living room, three bathrooms, kitchenette, study, views of St James Park - just incredible. The service was impeccable, the hotel beautiful.
Would we return? Can't wait. Will we be upgraded like that again?? Probably not. But would return in a blink to this most beautiful, iconic and simply wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sylvia470

Fabulous! What a lovely treat to be upgraded to one of our signature suites. As you correctly recognise, this might not be the case the next time, but you never know..... Thank you for sharing your experience. SB

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were given gift vouchers for a lunch, we were so looking forward to and it did not disappoint, it was amazing, I felt like a celebrity, the way they looked after us. The food was delicious and delicate, Lobster starter, Duck main, and a soufflé so huge, I don't know how the Chef does it. It all tasted lovely, we also had 2 glasses of Champagne, I don't like Champagne but the one we had was beautiful and smooth, so we decided on another each. All in all it was an amazing experience and would recommend anyone try it. The Ritz staff certainly make you feel special.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Absolutely fantastic. The Ritz was certainly what we expected, fabulous décor, wonderful service and extremely formal yet patient. The Ritz was lovely and welcoming and there was no arrogance about it whatsoever. Fantastic food, excellent price, would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan S

Fantastic! I hope you will return again and have a similarly pleasing time with us. Thank you. SB

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I took my mummy for a champagne afternoon celebration tea as a 60th birthday present. It is something that she and her mum always wanted to do but never got round to it so I thought it was about time we went.
I was a little concerned as I had read a couple of reviews from vegans who had been for afternoon tea and had only been given fruit platters. I emailed the ritz to check that I would be getting cakes and they assured me I would. I wasn't disappointed! Although I couldn't have the scones which they had already told me in the email, I got a lovely selection of vegan cakes and simple but lovely sandwiches.
My mummy had a fantastic selection of sandwiches and cakes plus the scones with clotted cream and jam and the celebration cake was brought out with all the others to the pianist playing happy birthday. It was just beautiful in the dining area and the staff could not have been more lovely. The pianist even played a few Elvis Presley numbers which made my day!
We were both a bit worried about dress code and I made a last minute panic purchase of smart trousers and a blouse because I was worried my ditzy patterned summer dress looked a bit frumpy. I needn't have done this. It really is just a case of no jeans or trainers for ladies. I was also a little concerned about showing my arms as I have tattoos. Again I needn't have worried. No one said anything or even seemed to bat an eyelid.
All in all the Ritz delivered everything and more than we were hoping for. I couldn't recommend this experience enough. A day of wonderful memories that we'll never forget.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family