4,143 results
All reviewsrivoli barafternoon teathe palm courtjacket and tiesandwiches and cakesgreen parkbirthday treatbottle of champagnejunior suiteturn down servicebeautiful roombuckingham palacedoormanluxuryconciergeclaridgespiccadilly
Reviewed 21 July 2014

myself and my daughter had afternoon tea last week. having had afternoon tea earlier in the year at the dorchester hotel we compared the two. while the sandwiches and cake were better at the ritz the decor in the powder room was very dowdy and needs a serious makeover. it is very small compared to the dorchester and considering it is the ritz they need to buy new carpet as it is quite threadbare in places. the dorchester has a cosy feel and there is an intimacy about it but the ritz didn't give off that vibe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank garagedoor
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have visited The Ritz twice for afternoon tea and have throughly enjoyed both visits. The decor is grand and exactly what you would expect inside and the staff are all very friendly and attentive. Afternoon tea consists of sandwiches, cakes, scones and more cakes! My family really enjoyed it, we all had a lovely experience and were extremely satisfied when we left.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Right from the moment that I booked the hotel, I received courteous emails in preparation of my stay. Check in staff, especially Cindy, could not be more helpful and afternoon tea is a must. Our room was lovely with very nice toiletries and a well appointed bathroom. Could not rate the staff highly enough and we were central to all attractions. We stayed for 5 nights and had a great experience in the Ritz and London as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ladybrr
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I am so happy that you enjoyed your five nights at the hotel, this length of stay will have given you a good idea of the consistency of our service and I have no doubt the staff would have all known your names before your departure. You can be sure that you will be welcomed as old friends at your next arrival. Thank you for the kind comments. SB

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ritz as part of a double birthday celebration. Our rooms were lovely. We had suites which were beautiful and a great size. Bathrooms though are very dated and shower particularly small. Service on checking in was great and the hotel had made us mini birthday cakes as a surprise which was really special. However service in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast was poor. Food was mediocre with various items served cold due to lengthy waits. It was a great experience to stay and the public rooms were very grand but there are far better places to stay for a deluxe night in the capital.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Sara W

What a great pity that you were underwhelmed by the food and beverage side of the hotel, as I so often receive rave reviews for the kitchen. I hope you might have the occasion to give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. SB

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We (myself, husband and 13 year old daughter) had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz in late June - for one night prior on our trip on the Orient Express to Venice. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived which wasn't a problem as we had booked high tea in the Palm Court (just wonderful). Imagine our surprise when we were told that we had been upgraded to the Berkley Suite!!! Top floor, the most amazing two bedroom, living room, three bathrooms, kitchenette, study, views of St James Park - just incredible. The service was impeccable, the hotel beautiful.
Would we return? Can't wait. Will we be upgraded like that again?? Probably not. But would return in a blink to this most beautiful, iconic and simply wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sylvia470

Fabulous! What a lovely treat to be upgraded to one of our signature suites. As you correctly recognise, this might not be the case the next time, but you never know..... Thank you for sharing your experience. SB