4,145 results
All reviewsrivoli barafternoon teathe palm courtjacket and tiesandwiches and cakesgreen parkbirthday treatbottle of champagnejunior suiteturn down servicebeautiful roombuckingham palacedoormanluxuryconciergeclaridgespiccadilly
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and two of my friends made our Birthday Afternoon Tea reservation back in February. None of us had visited the hotel before and were blown away by the beauty of this fantastic hotel. Afternoon tea did not disappoint, with a selection of freshly made sandwhiches, scones and cakes beautiful flavoursome jam and cream that were refreshed twice during service. The atmosphere was really enjoyable with piano music being played for the duration. Pleased with the large selection of tea on the menu and the advice given by our server on the type of tea each of us may like. The grandeur of The Ritz was amazing and it was beyond our expectations. We shall remember this for many years to come or at least until we return... Thank you for a lovely time!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BacardiGirl78
Reviewed 29 July 2014

What a truly wonderful way to spend a few hours. Afternoon tea at the Ritz was fabulous, everything about the experience was delightful, the staff where very polite, friendly and extremely professional, the food was delicious, the decor magnificent and even the loo's where impressive! We really enjoyed every minute of it!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Absolutely amazing stay at the Ritz, from booking with the reservations team to check out, the staff at the ritz are the best, so friendly and they really make you feel like nothing is too much trouble. Also we had afternoon tea, this was gorgeous! Amazing cakes and sandwiches and as much tea as you can manage, I can't wait to stay again, our room was beautiful, gorgeous bathroom and felt so welcome! Ordering hot chocolate at the end of the night and watching a film in our ritz dressing gowns - bliss! Was for my partners 30th birthday, made it so special for him. Thank u Ritz!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Zoe W
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

What a lovely treat for a 30th birthday, and I am so pleased you both enjoyed your stay. You know where we are should you wish to celebrate another milestone with family and friends in the future. SB

Reviewed 29 July 2014

An amazing afternoon! I booked a celebration afternoon tea for my mums birthday back in April, we went yesterday and had the best day.
We were made to feel very comfortable and the service was great.
In the celebration package you get tea, champagne, sandwiches, scones, cake and then little pastries. I also booked to have a birthday cake for my mum, which came out with candles and the pianist played happy birthday. My mum was taken by surprise and loved every minute. We wasn't made to feel any different from anyone else. It was one of the most amazing experiences. Recommend everyone to go for a special occasion.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I thought we would try our ballroom dance steps and booked the Ritz Diiner and Dance in London. You can even book it online.

As they say, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression! From the footman at the main door all through the 3 hour programme, the presentation was simply outstanding. The dining room is simply awesome - reminds you of the old Hollywood movies. It was nice to see that guests took the dress code seriously for such a glittering occasion - with most sporting dinner jackets, although jacket and tie was fine.

Waiters in tailcoats lent an air of extra elegance to what was almost like a movie set! The music by a small band was very 60s and earlier and the singer did a great job in keeping everyone busy. They also put up professional dance shows with a couple doing the tango, rhumba and cha cha cha.

The fixed menu was very good although a wide a la carte menu is available. The wine list runs to about 30 pages (I think!), so take your time. The presentation of the food and the wine was charming with the person explaining the dishes and the sommelier offering suggestions.

The only observation I had is that there seemed to be an urgency about things. The wine waiter would rush to refill our glasses although we had perhaps 1 sip only. I thought we were asked a trifle too much whether we had finished our course. A little less attention would help but it was only a minor blip in the overall outstanding performance.

This is a great experience but it does not come cheap. If you are in London and fancy some olde world charm with some occasion for celebration, this is it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abhibasu

Thank you for the lovely feedback and I hope that you will return for future celebrations with your family. SB