“Fabulous in every way”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #33 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Sadly we are now on our way home after a fabulous two night stay at The Ritz. The service was perfect. Dinner was spectacular with crepe suzette flambe prepared by the maitre'd at our table. Afternoon tea was taken in beautiful surroundings but was much too sweet for us. Not the cheapest place to stay as you might expect, but definitely one of the best. We look forward to returning next year.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hopefully now that you know where we are, it will be easier for you to return! Thank you for sharing your experience, I never tire of hearing how much our guests have enjoyed themselves. SB

Write a ReviewReviews (3,702)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked afternoon tea a year ago for a special occasion and it did not disappoint. We went to The Ritz on 3rd Aug. You will not feel awkward as the staff treat everyone with the same decorum, so relax and enjoy the experience. The finger sandwiches were good, although I didn't like a couple of the choices. These were replenished if required. The cakes and pastries and of course scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam, were devine. We had a glass or 2 of champagne and at £12 a glass, I didn't think too bad for a place like The Ritz and the overall experience. For a delightful treat, I would certainly recommend afternoon tea.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbunny87
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been in the restaurant twice for lunch with a friend.

When you first walk in i was greeted with a beautiful lady playing on the Harps.

The room,decor and atmosphere was just great.

Lunch Menu was served speedy with very high trained waiting staff, that stand nearby the table waiting to serve you.

Very High Class place and if you go there please dont Under Dress.

Hoping to go there again .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What an amazing experience !
Beautiful sandwiches , and delicious cakes .
I had coffee which was absolutely gorgeous .
We didn't order a birthday cake after reading reviews on here about being full and if going to waste ,
It would have !!
We declined 'another' top up to our sandwiches as we were so full .
It was just wonderful .

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a wonderfull experience at the Ritz in London thanks to a great Christmas present. This place is something not to be missed if you get the chance. Every thing from the greeting at the main entrance through to the dining room where we had a fantastic three course lunch was so exerlent. The professionalism of all the staff has to be seen to be believed.May we take the time to say a big thank you for making this a day never to be forgotten to all concerned.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Sir, it was our pleasure and I can tell how much you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you. SB

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I was taken for my birthday as a surprise and when I walked in, I thought 'wow'.

The atmosphere is just great with the piano and violins playing. The food was great and VERY filling. However for the price we pay.... I have experienced better food in London.

I would recommend you to go for the tea and cake option. Definitely experience The Ritz though :)

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gugsey
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I have just experienced a Champagne afternoon tea at the Ritz with my husband. This was a long awaited trip which was planned last year when I was having chemotherapy but could only come to fruition this year now that I am feeling better.
The positives:
1. The gift vouchers are beautifully presented
2. Making a reservation is straightforward but is booked months ahead so do book early
3. The Ritz is like a beautiful jewel box - you feel special by just being there
4. The sandwiches, cakes, pastries and scones are delicious.
5. The choice of teas is excellent
6. Everyone makes an effort with dressing up which adds to the occasion
7. There was a very good harpist playing which was beautiful

The cons:
Sadly we found the service inconsistent - we were sat in the middle of two tables for two and could see the difference in service on each table. We were asked several times if we were having Champagne which we had paid for. We waited and watched the waiters come and go with the Champagne for other guests but it wasn't until our tea arrived that they realised we still had not received our Champagne.
Both tables either side of us were offered tea refills several times whilst our table was ignored. Their plates were changed regularly and they were offered fresh scones etc. Little things make a big difference and I began to feel uncomfortable and could not work out why we were being overlooked.
In fairness at the end of the tea we were asked if we had enjoyed it and I asked them if they would like some feedback. I told them about the inconsistencies of service and the duty manager was charming and offered us both another glass of Champagne which we declined as we thought it was good of him but by this time I felt embarrassed and just wanted to leave. He very kindly gave me a bag with a teddy, tea and chocolates which was thoughtful but I really would have preferred the same service as my fellow diners. It's a shame because if is lovely and the staff do work very hard. Maybe they were just having an off day.

Stayed: August 2014