“A very nice weekend in London”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #26 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Shanghai, China
“A very nice weekend in London”
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Great hotel, they organized a transfer from the airport with a big enough cab to take all luggages.
Friendly welcome, not too stiff, milch and brownies for the kids in the room.
The suite was vast and perfect for a family of 4.
Will definitively go back to try the tea time.
We had dinner there, don't forget a tie for men, and dress nicely.
Lovely place worth the money!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
manchester, uk
Reviewed 7 May 2010

i won a stay at the ritz through a magazine and i took my 65yr old mother myself 34 and my daughter 12. the staff were really lovely and even gave my daughter a teddy when we booked in, the rooms were really nice and the bathroom in our room was amazing! the lift is small but beautifully decorated. the ritz tissues were a nice touch and also the ritz bathroom bottles.
we also had a manicure and afternoon tea whist we were there which were both fantastic. the lady doing the manicure was friendly and chatty we came out with matching red sparkly nails it was really nice. then we had afternoon tea which was great, i would have loved to have taken some of our food with us for our train journey back!!! the sandwhiches were lovely the scones were lovely and the cakes were amazing!
it was a fantastic night and day at the ritz and i will rememeber it for a long time :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Everytime we stay in London, this is our address. The attention to detail and anticipation of our needs make our stay always memorable. The staff is professional, caring and fun.
Our suite was beautiful and the hotel location is desirable for both business and leisure.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
London, England
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Last year for my 21st birthday my boyfriend took me to stay at the ritz for 1 night. The good points was that we got upgraded to a junior suite I felt like a princess! The lady who took us up to our room was very friendly and took us through the dining area, she said we wouldnt be allowed through here by ourselves becuase my boyfriend was wearing trainers (even though they were smart ones) but we would be ok with her I thought that was really nice of her to go out of her way and do that. The room was so lovely it was massive! And the bathroom was amazing! All marble floors everything was really shiny like wow. And lovely Floris bath treats you get in there. Not so good points the pillows were very soft although the next morning I found out you can request a little bit harder pillows or more pillows if you want! And I felt some of the staff looked down at us a little bit, I am only 21 and look a bit younger but still when my boyfriends paid nearly £400 for me and him to stay there you expect a bit of respect! Definitely have to make sure you dress appropriately I felt I was but I'm not posh at all. We didnt eat there as it's all the general posh food you would expect and I'm very fussy! Not into all that I like a nice steak! We ate down the road in Greig's grill which was very nice and friendly staff although it's really small and quiet so if you like a more bustling atmosphere then go somewhere else! Overall I would recommend this hotel if you can afford to stay here for a special occasion etc x

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ejh88x
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I recently went to London for Easter and decided to book into the Ritz for Afternoon Tea, and boy what an amzing experience! From the minute you enter the staff couldn't do more for you. We had the Easter menu and upon arrival we had 2 glasses of champagne! Nice way to start the afternoon! The waiter came down with a bag with 2 boxes of easter eggs presented in top hats. Then came the sandwiches, beautiful, tasty and once you were done, the wait staff appeared with more! 2 huge pots of tea and another large pot of boiling water to top yourself up. Scones and clotted cream, followed by the most amazing little cakes! I had emailed a few weeks pervious trying to book the celebration menu, but as it was Easter they were not offering that menu. It was my partners bitrhday and I wanted the cake!! After all the eating, the piano man started "Happy birthday to you..." and next thing the waiter appeared with a beautiful cake and stood at our table!! Whoooo hooooo!!! What a surprise for both of us!! After 2 hrs of eating drinking, and soaking up the Ritz atmosphere, we were ready to leave. The waiter boxed our cake, and returned with 2 more top hats full of little easter eggs!! AMAZING! I loved it, and it was an experience we both will never forget. After paying over £145 from dinner the previous night in Kethners in Soho, I found the Ritz to be great value at only £116. I always thought that only the rich and famous could do Tea at the Ritz, but for sure I'm gonna be back! Everyone needs to experience this amazing place! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IrishDutch
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We loved our stay at the Ritz. I cannot recognise the accusations of snobby staff - the hotel has a dress code which they explain on arrival and it means that all the public areas are filled with smart looking guests, which we felt added to the ambience of the place. Check in was really friendly, the guy gave us a tour then took us up to our room which was a free upgrade and completely opulent. We worried that an old hotel like the Ritz might have faded grandeur but it didn't - everything was modern and spotlessly clean with no fraying round the edges. The style was classical and opulent everywhere. Breakfast was grreat in the main dining room with fabulous bone china crockery and silver coffee pots but moreover all the staff we encountered were really friendly. We were not accosted for our room numbers but the hotel is filled with visitors during daytime so to be honest it's a nice added touch of security for them to know who's who. We love playing tourists in our home city of London and having also stayed at Claridges and the Dorchester we felt the Ritz won. It was more opulent and yet more homely than its competitors and we hope to return soon

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen7
Kent, England
Reviewed 17 March 2010

As you might expect from The Ritz, exceptional service. But with a personal touch that was not expected and which made us feel at home.

The food was also astonishingly good.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple