I was very excited to find a deal at the Athenaeum hotel which I've tried to get into for a couple of years. It's location is spot on being just opposite Hyde Park.
Rather surprisingly for a private hotel check- in was done in the
usual queuing up way and we were served by a pleasant
young lady who unfortunately answered the phone at the
same time which I usually find rather annyoying but I was
distracted by a huge jar of jelly babies which took my mind off it!
2. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a room on the 7th
floor with outstanding views of the park and also as it was
my husband's birthday a free bottle of wine from the General
Manager. All the staff were extremely gracious.
3. The Decor is pleasant and light and airy and two comfortable
chairs by the window was a thoughtful additon as we were
ablel to relax instantly drinking our wine and watching the
sun go down.
4. The concierge service was reliable and helpful, and we only
have a couple of niggles about the hotel. We were offered a
complimentary newspaper which was not delivered to our room - however we were given one to take home with us when
this oversight had been noticed. There was no milk for tea or
coffee in the rooms either and when we went to retreive our
luggage after a weary morning around the King Tuk exhibition
there was a mixup and a long delay before it was found which
meant we were in a huge rush to get across London for our
Overall we enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again if the price was right - but I wouldn't pay rack rate for it. We usually stay aat the Langham in London, and if you can get an executive room there then I still prefer it, but it made a nice change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments