The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
US$200
getaroom.com
  • Pool
2,642 results
All reviewsgreen parka park view roommilk and cookiesbuckingham palacemini barafternoon teathe main hotelsecret hotelnespresso machinepiccadilly circushome from homelovely hotelupgraded to a suitehyde parkfive star hotellovely rooman upgrade
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I was at the Athenaeum with my family ( my wife and I plus four kids ). We had two connected apartments for two nights, not cheap staying - more than 800 pounds for a night ( both rooms after taxes ). We were very satisfied with the location ( perfect ), overall decoration and space, amenities on room ( free good drinks and snacks on kitchen ), even a PlayStation, games and many videos were available for our kids - who had a kids concierge as well. We got a very early check-in and a very late check-out. I would give 5/5 to this hotel if we havent' had a very bad services on two areas - at the concierge ( where one of the three concierges I dealt with gave me a very unpleasant and was not helpful at all ) and one manager of the tea services and breakfast , who made the possible to not helping us getting a table on time. Actually, after the very lousy services was a consense on my family that the awarded afternoon tea there was miles away from Ritz and many other in city.

The day we were leaving the hotel I told about all to Atul Prakash, a very professional assistant guest services manager there, who has all details and I hope could bring this detailed info to higher management There are also some nice Brazilian working there that helped making our staying even more pleasant.

So, depending on the cost, and how much services you would like to find, this hotel could suit you well. I believe that if they would like to improve their services it could be a very good option in London.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Booked as a surprise trip to london for my partners birthday, The Athenaeum hotel certainly delivered. Upon check in, the receptionist was very welcoming and professional. As were the concierge who greeted us and took our luggage. The room was spacious and very well equipped. (espresso machine, mini bar, all usual amenities, too much too list). The bar staff were very attentive, friendly and made us feel very comfortable. Didnt get chance to visit the spa as too much planned during our visit. All in all probably one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a comfortable, clean, well located, excellent hotel that has lots of little touches that make you feel that bit more special. The staff are a credit to themselves.

Room Tip: They have a pillow menu for you too choose the right softness from for a good nights sleep! Amazing!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

From the moment we walked in through the door the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more professional. Helpful and courteous, they made you feel welcome and valued. We had come for afternoon tea, celebrating my mum's birthday. Plenty of tea choices, from breakfast tea to more exotic blends. The sandwiches were delicious and the waiter just kept coming round asking if we wanted more. Next, when we were ready, came the warm crumpets and homemade scones with a choice of lovely strawberry jam or delicious lemon curd. You get 1 crumpet and 2 scones each which was more than enough but I dare say you could have asked for more! A birthday fairy cake with Happy Birthday written in chocolate lettering on the plate arrived for my mum - beautifully decorated with a candle and strawberries. And then came the cake trolley groaning with home made gorgeousness. You can have what you like and several of them! I'm sorry to say I had fresh Victoria sandwich cake make with fresh cream, and a macaroon and a chocolate covered strawberry. The surroundings were delightful, quiet and comfortable. We rolled out of the hotel 90 mins later very happy and very full.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Booked a last minute special deal to London to meet up with my flat mates from our student days over forty years ago and accepted a bargain price for this fabulous, homely and very special hotel. It is many years since I've stayed at the Athenaeum and I hoped its quality had not diminished....I was not disappointed; it is as wonderful as ever! My room was spacious and spotless with lovely furniture, beautiful bathroom and (incredibly), complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic drinks! A very special mention must go to the receptionist "Betty" whose welcome on my arrival and throughout my stay was charming, courteous and always accompanied by a beautiful, beaming smile! The Betty's of this world are what make hotels exceptional and I sincerely hope that her employers appropriately value this treasure in their midst and that she is fast-tracked through the ranks! Very well done and thanks for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to relish the views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My partner and I booked the Athenaeum hotel through last minute.com as a top secret hotel and had a great stay this weekend.

Our greeting at reception was faultless and the receptionist took us out to our room to show us the functions and extras that the room had. We were in house 2 which is adjacent to the hotel and is made up of a series of rooms and apartments. The block has a small lift which was handy as our room was on the fourth floor.

The room itself was a great size, clean and well decorated. The soft drinks and food from the minibar are included in the price and there was a good selection of fizzy drinks, juice, water, crisps and choclate bars. The room also has robes and Ren toiletries.

The room had a large selection of pillows (all feather), I think there was 8 in total of different softness. There is also easily adjustable heating/cooling and was very quiet. The blackout curtains meant that we had a great nights sleep.

We didn't use the breakfast/afternoon tea room but we did use the whiskey bar on the Saturday night. The staff were helpful and knowledgable and the selection of drinks were great.

The location of the hotel is great, it's on the hyde park corner end of Picadilly so is within easy walking or the tube to all places within London. They were also happy to look after our cases whilst we enjoyed London on the day after our stay.

Overall we had a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple