I booked in here in February after looking at all the top notch 5* Mayfair/Park-lane hotels on line. I finally settled for this as I was travelling with my teenage daughter & 11 month old baby & it said "family friendly", more so than the others on offer....
Well, I was not disappointed. The attention to detail was outstanding & exceeded my high expectations. A true 5 star offering.
Atul, in guest services (thank you Atul), had set up the room perfectly for my kids, lots of age appropriate toys for the baby, Xbox & videos for the teenager...lots of plush cushions & well stocked mini bar & a huge bath with some scrummy soaps & creams to play with for me.
We were waited on hand & foot, popcorn & cookies for my eldest, the baby was given lots of attention. The restaurant staff were very helpful, particularly at breakfast, when there isn't a great deal of room for a pushchair & a baby that likes to make a mess.
The door guys are so friendly & helpful too. The receptionist never tired at my requests.
I did use the nanny service, I can recommend this, it give me the chance to spend to catch a show & not worry. I also booked the show tickets through the hotel service, yes they probably were alittle more pricey, by I didn't have time to hunt they down myself.
Overall, the atmosphere is very nice throughout the hotel, very friendly & really great for kids.
I ordered a box of nappies & baby food from Boots on line, direct to the hotel, it was waiting for me when I got there. The hotel provided a high chair, changing mat & steriliser & of course cot, but as the bed was that massive we all could cuddle up, watch endless films on offer for free & eat the free homemade cookies & popcorn. It was such a stress free treat, really special.
Great location too, very central.
Cute little spa, very nice after a long day hunting around busy London. Just the ticket.
Anyway, we ended extending our stay by 2 nights, we were that at home...& we are returning next week for 3 nights, maybe longer! Very excited!✨I hope we enjoy it as much as last time...!
See you soon London home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments