“Welcoming hotel in the Picadilly area”

The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
Ranked #144 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I found this to be a welcoming stay on my first day in London--a refreshing greeting after the long plane flight. Check in was cheerful and efficient, and the room was nice, bright, and clean. The king size bed filled much of the room, but was comfortable and everything in the room worked fine. The free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are a nice treat (again, great way to be greeted after the long flight), as well as the fresh fruit at the check-in counter.

Location is convenient to Tube station and Picadilly Circus and theatre shows. Service from all the staff and doorman was great. Perhaps not the cheapest hotel in the area, but still a good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was my first visit to the hotel but I had heard good things and was not dissapointed. My wife and I had an apartment for one nights stay whilst I was over on business and extended the trip to some pre christmas shopping.

The apartment was very spacious and well laid out with everything you could ask for. This is absolutely perfect if you plan to be in London for more than a few days. The drinks etc were complimentary and they even had Ben and Jerrys in the freezer, should you wish.

The staff were extremely accomodating and litterally nothing was too much. It is a rather small hotel but that added to the personal feel of the place. My wife had room service and said it was excellent and timely. Only my wife had breakfast which was included in the room rate which was fortunate as the portions compared to the cost (£27) was not worth it.

Would I stay again,............YES, next week in fact. I hope to become a regular.

Room Tip: Get an Apartment !
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just had one of my most wonderful afternoon tea experience there. Everything was perfect, food, dessert, tea, venue, service...etc. Sandwiches and cheesecake were exceptional good. Francesco, our waiter, he detailly introduced us menu and all the desserts, and was really friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Sheer class from the time you arrive until departure. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the rooms were stylish and very well equipped - I was placed there by my work - I really hope they put me there the next time I am in town!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Wonderful stay. Everyone was extremely accommodating and the room was sumptuous. The key to any stay is the attention to detail and the staff who work there and this is where I believe the Athenaeum stands out. The kids concierge is wonderful and when we got home our daughter wanted to go back to her 'new' home. If you want a hotel that is ideally placed, looks after you and your children in wonderful comfort then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a charming hotel.

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and very much appreciate the upgraded to a side view room of Green Park.

Firstly we were greeted by a friendly and welcoming face on the entrance. Check-in was extremely professional and quick. They informed us because of our anniversary we were upgraded to a side view of Green Park. We did have a slight issue with a open bottle of juice that had been left in the fridge. Thankfully Marco was on hand not only with a celebration cake for us both but addressed the situation in a very professional and friendly way also restocking the fridge.

Breakfast was a little bit constrained in terms of the size of the restaurant area. We were advised on checking in ,that nine o'clock was far better than arriving later in the morning to be served i breakfast. The young gentleman on the self-service selection was extremely friendly and welcoming cook to order was also of a high standard.

The hotel is very well situated close to the centre. As you walk out of four hotel turn left and within a 10 min walk you are at Piccadilly Circus. Turn right as you come out of the hotel you head towards Marble Arch Park Lane and a top of the main shopping areas Oxford Street and Regent Street it's a very well situated location.

Staff were extremely attentive and a hotel that I recommend

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently went to a friends baby shower at this hotel, we had afternoon tea and it was excellent. We were not rushed in any way and the cakes, scones, tea and service was 5*.
Would like to say special thanks to our Waiters and waitresses, Maria Potocka, Karolina Kaminska and Laszlo Szabo. Special thanks to Stuart Brown who kept us stocked up with warm scones, which were delicious!

Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends