While on an overnight business trip during December in London, I stayed overnight at the Athenaeum on Piccadilly. Arrived at the hotel around noon, assuming that I would be too early to check in but hoping to leave a bag in the care of the concierge while attending business and dinner meetings. I was delighted to discover that my room was ready so that I could unpack and have a Nespresso in my room before heading out again. I was also impressed by the efforts of front desk staff to find a recharger for my Mac Book Air (which I had omitted to pack) and by the elegant yet cosy Christmassy feel of the lounge and the lobby. Green Park Tube is just a few minutes walk from the hotel and taxis are plentiful in the area. My room was kitted out in a manner which befitted its 5-star status (and price) and the wifi and iPod docking station, along with the Nespresso machine, all made me feel like this was "home from home". In my experience, hotel beds that are as comfortable as my own are a rarity indeed and while the beds in the Athenaeum are comfortable, I am not one of those guests who is prepared to phone down looking for a different type of pillow in the middle of the night. My in-room Nespresso machine again came into its own for breakfast and shower/toiletries were as good as you would expect. I cannot comment on the hotel breakfast as I didn't stop to enjoy it. This is a well appointed hotel and if you are not looking for a budget stay, this is a great spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments