My daughter and I stayed at The Athenaeum on Saturday the 15th of March for one night as a birthday treat for her. I booked the hotel through Secret Escapes as it was good value for money for London. The Tripadvisor reviews were also good.
When we arrived John the doorman was there to greet us and he took our cases inside.Check in was quick and we only had a short wait until our room was ready as we had arrived a little early. We were taken to our room and showed where everything was and our cases were brought up soon afterwards.
The bedroom was very comfortable and clean.It had everything you could want in it and the mini bars soft drinks and snacks were included in the room rate which was great.The bathroom was lovely and clean and had REN products to use which smelt divine.
My daughter and I had afternoon tea at the hotel on the Saturday which was delicious apart from the scones which were hard. We told the waiter this and he had them changed and the next lot of Scones were beautiful.The Earl Grey tea is the nicest Earl Grey tea I have ever had. It really is wonderful. I have had the afternoon tea at The Athenaeum before and it really is excellent value for money particularly as you are having the afternoon tea in London. Well done to the hotel for this.
The beds were very comfortable to sleep in and we had breakfast in the room in the morning and that was very tasty and well cooked.
The hotels location is amazing as its across the road from Green Park and only a five minute walk to Buckingham Palace and less than ten minutes to Fortnum and Mason and the Arcades and a fifteen minute walk to Knightsbridge. It is also a five minute walk from Green Park tube station and less than ten minutes walk to Hyde Park tube station. The hotel couldn't be better placed.
The hotel has a spa but we didn't use this so I can't rate it.
The service at the hotel was wonderful and the staff were happy to help you at all times.
I would definitely stay here again and will be recommending the hotel to my family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments