I'm new to tripadvisor but thought I had to write a review of the Athenaeum. My boyfriend and I stay here on average once a year, sometimes more. It's definitely our hotel of choice whenever we're in London.
It's location is perfect, so close to Buckingham Palace and The Ritz, and it's right on the Piccadilly line so getting to other touristy spots like Covent Garden and Leicester Square are really easy.
The rooms are always beautiful. The first time we went we were upgraded to an apartment, (because we asked for twin beds to be put together) which was out of this world. More flat screen tv's than we knew what to do with and living areas that were bigger than what we had at home! My brother and his girlfriend were also upgraded to an apartment, just because there was a glitch in processing their payment. Rest assured if you are made to feel even a little put out the Athenaeum will go out of their way to make it up to you.
The last time we stayed (Feb 2008) we were upgraded to a park view suite, which I actually preferred to the apartments due to it's amazing view of the Park, with the London Eye slowly moving in the background.
The food and wine is as good, but as pricey, as you'd expect but it's so close to the centre of London you never really have to stay in. The hotel may look expensive at first, but if you shop around you can usually find really good online deals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments