It's simply wonderful when a hotel meets expectations.
From the reservation which was met with a prompt email enquiring about our preferences, to the warm welcome received on arrival, we felt as though we were expected and valued guests.
We chose the hotel specifically because it caters well for us and our two under 10 children; we were accommodated in an apartment in an annexe a short distance from the hotel's front door and it was quiet, well equipped, clean and comfortable. The children loved the extra touches meant for them ( i.e. cookies and milk at bedtime, popcorn with DVDs) and this made our stay less stressful.
Well done, Athenaeum for recognising what the millions in services catering to families often fail to understand; keep the kids happy and you will have happy (paying) adults and, likely, repeat customers.
In line with my practice of not letting the slight downs escape my notice, my gripe about the apartment is that the bathroom is very small, and not family size. I realise that the architecture of the apartments limits the size.
What the hotel can improve is the food; to be fair, we ate only once at the hotel and this was room service. It was adequate - freshly made and reasonably priced ( for a 5* hotel in central London) but was rather under seasoned and underwhelming.
That said, we would stay again in a heartbeat - with or without the kids. The reason? Service and the impression that when the staff say "welcome home" as you arrive, they mean it. Well done, Athenaeum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments