I stayed here for a night whilst catching up with friends in London. Booked through a well known late availability site and was very impressed with the hotel! I usually stay at the Cavendish on Jermyn St but decided to try the Athenaeum because my parents had stayed here and said it was nice. On arrival I was greeted by a very friendly and polite doorman and then an equally friendly and polite chap on reception (I think his name was Jonathan). He could not have been more helpful and also told me that I had been given an upgraded room (room 803 if anyone's interested!). The room was fantastic - I had a view across Green Park - and was spacious and spotlessly clean. Nicely furnished and even had a very swanky coffee machine, CD player and a minibar with complimentary chocolate, nuts, crisps and soft drinks which was a nice touch. I'm guessing this would be an Executive Room and they just upgraded me because they had the availability to do so - it was nice that they did. The bathroom was very nice with a powerful shower and plenty of fluffy towels. The location is perfect - just a short walk from Green Park tube and close to Buckingham Palace, Fortnum & Mason and a wealth of shops on Piccadilly and Regent St. Also just a 10-15 minute walk from Leicester Square. There are also lots of great restaurants nearby including the very nice Shepherd Market area just a few steps away. I would emphasise that I was lucky enough given an upgraded room whilst when my parents were staying they had a standard room - however they had absolutely no complaints with it at all. I don't think they had a park view but other than that they were very happy with it. I found all the staff to be really friendly and helpful and there definitely was no "big hotel" indifference. They really seem to care about making sure guests have a nice stay. For the quality of accomodation and price paid I felt that the Athenaeum was extremely good value and I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotelopia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments