We have just returned from a wonderful family trip to London, Spain, France and Italy (I will write reviews for all of our "finds"! For the London portion of our trip, we stayed at The Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments. We are a family of five (three teens) along with my mother who met us in London for five days! LOCATION-Unbelievably perfect...located just down the street from The Ritz on Piccadilly! Cross the street from the hotel and you are in Green Park (we enjoyed a picnic dinner in the park on our last night!) Walk thru the park and you are standing right in front of Buckingham Palace! Cross the street (from the hotel) and walk less than a block and you are at Green Park Tube station! Look out one of your windows and see a picture perfect London street with a little church at the end! APPEARANCE-gorgeous, elegant Manhattan style apartment building (they also have a hotel at the front of the building). Beautiful flower boxes welcome you as you enter the oversized shiny black front door and foyer with an inlaid tile floor. The high ceilinged rooms that house the living room (w/a fireplace surrounded by an elegant mantel- (it was well into the 90's, so it was not used), bedroom, eating room, and bathrooms are traditionally decorated with gorgeous damask fabric curtains. The kitchen allowed us to shop at Mark and Spencer (great London grocery store about a block away) and prepare breakfasts and sometimes dinner on our own schedule. The washing machine came in handy as well! THE STAFF- they became dear family friends to our family! Serena, John, April, Emma, and Tom (and every other employee I may be forgetting) were the sweetest, most helpful people while we stayed in London. Our oldest celebrated his birthday while we were in London and Serena helped make it a special day for him! The Hard Rock Cafe is just down the street as well! Our kids are in love with London and look forward to returning...be it for pleasure, study or living!! All of us were a bit sad to leave our home away from home on our last day! I truly believe our children's love for London comes in part from their stay at the Athenaeum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments