We stayed four nights in a 2BR/2BA apt (actually two one bedroom apartments opened up to connect). We had terrific service the entire time from all of the staff- -desk, door, bell, concierge, even when my temper flared over the DVD and airconditioning. This was clearly 5 star service. Any time we asked for ice, or anything, someone arrived very promptly. Ditto previous poster regarding location- -could not be better. I would also mention that the Shepherd's Square area of Mayfair is a three minute walk from the apartments and is a great place to grab a late breakfast or visit a pub.
The rooms were nicely furnished and housekeeping was very good. Our apartment could have used a little fresh paint and carpet, and a microwave. Also, one side of our apartment had a strangely controlled air conditioning unit and I had to call for help with it. Later, I discovered a laminated card in the drawer of one of the tables that explained its use. I'm sure a previous occupant had put the card in a drawer. However, it was really handy to have the small washer/dryer unit in the kitchen, and the concierge had placed an XBOX in the unit for my son. We had plenty of space to spread out. The apartment felt like a home away from home.
We had one breakfast in the hotel and it was fabulous, and quite expensive. The restaurant was very stylishly decorated and appeared to be very popular.
I would definitely return and recommend it to anyone looking for an apartment, but also with the service of a fine hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments