The stay was actually a business trip for my fiance. I tagged along for leisure.
What I loved:
The staff. The doorman was very friendly taking an interest in my off-the-beaten trip one day. When I told him why I was going there, the next day he provided me with info on a similar store and how to take the commuter train there.
We had the same waiter for 2 afternoon teas, a dinner and drinks another night. Again, very friendly, prompt, accommodating...made me feel like we were spending time at the country club.
The location. Walking distance to several tourist sites, the tube and plenty of eating options.
The rest of the staff. Very helpful with everything from hailing a cab to checking in to keeping our golf clubs for us.
What I didn't like (and I say that loosely because they're not really gripes):
Dining and beverage prices a little high. But then it is Central London
The room size. It was a little small for the price. We've stayed elsewhere in London and the rooms where more comfy.
I recommend afternoon tea. A traditional British experience with all the bells and whistles and top notch service. All in all, I do love the Athanaeum. Honestly, it was the staff that did it for me. I LOVED 'my' doorman (he was always on duty!!). My fiance's colleagues have stayed in the apartments and they offer one of the returning foreigners great extras when he transits London between the US and Africa and The Middle East. I highly recommend this property for any kind of stay - leisure, business or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments